Lactation Consultant- Mother/Baby 12 Prentice, Part-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 41297 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Lactation Consultant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides direct and /or indirect care to a specific case load of patients regardless of geographic location.
- Receives and assesses referrals from all hospital units.
- Consults with Nursing Staff to develop, implement and evaluate care plans for those patients and families.
- Teaches patients and/or families demonstrating unique learning needs in order to promote optimal level of wellness.
- Initiates and develops teaching guidelines specific to the area of expertise.
- Develops and conducts internal and external formal educational programs.
- Teaches staff on a formal and informal basis at the individual unit level.
- Documents activities in patients medical records.
- Assumes responsibility for own continuing education.
- Applies appropriate current theoretical concepts to implement changes in nursing practice within the institution.
- Demonstrates professional commitment through membership in nursing committees, institutional activates and specialty organizations.
- Participates in research activities.
- Interacts with staff nurses, physicians and members of the healthcare team to provide patient care.
- Current Illinois License as a Professional Nurse
- IBCLC and two years of lactation consultant experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Evening Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Days Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II, Fulltime, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Emergency Room, Full-time, evenings, $5,000/$7,500 Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs