IT Undergraduate Internship Program - Summer 2021Chicago, Illinois Job REQID REF10263N Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, youll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system.
At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Northwestern Medicine Undergraduate IT Internship presents a valuable opportunity for undergraduate students to gain an experiential education and for Northwestern Medicine to benefit from the service, skills and knowledge that undergraduate students can offer.
These are paid summer internships across our Chicagoland campuses. The IT internship provides an unparalleled experience for select aspiring healthcare leaders throughout the Northwestern Medicine system.
The Undergraduate Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine.
- Successfully complete projects and work tasks assigned.
- Develop a working knowledge of hospital operations to a degree that allows for the successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at Northwestern Medicine; which include:
- New Employee Orientation
- Networking Opportunities, including luncheons, with Senior Leadership
- Networking Opportunities with other college internship groups within the Northwestern Medicine hospital system
- Professional Workshops
- Departmental Presentations led by IT leadership
- Completion of Intern Innovation Challenge Project & Individual Presentation
- Full communication with department managers and staff in order to successfully transition work at close of internship.
The IT intern will be placed in an area that suites their expertise and interests. The areas the interns will be placed include the following:
- Business Application Support
- Clinical Application Support
- Converged Infrastructure
- Desktop Support
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Identity and Access Management
- IT Construction
- Network/Voice Services
- Research and Development
- Software Development
- System Integration
Candidates must have a High School Diploma or the General Equivalent, and have completed at least 2 semesters in an undergraduate program or 30 credit hours.
The most promising applicants demonstrate superior academic performance, leadership skills and relevant healthcare experience.
Interns project maturity, professionalism and initiative.
Candidates must be comfortable in complex organizations and display a passion for a career in healthcare IT.
Must be available to start the internship on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 or Wednesday, June 16, 2021. No exceptions.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs