IT TrainerLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 29974 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The IT Trainer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Shares classroom, lesson plan, and real time end user feedback with IT Principal Trainer and suggests changes/improvements as necessary.
- Collaborates regularly with IT Principal Trainer, Super Users, project leadership, and project team members for assigned application(s) and attends team meetings as required.
- Arrives prior to scheduled training class to prepare the room, including setting up the training environment and other logistics.
- Delivers training to end users by following scripted curriculum developed by IT Principal Trainer, applying knowledge of business workflows and policy & procedures.
- Conducts training classes as needed on any shift and weekends as necessary.
- Leads training in an effective and engaging manner, incorporating principles of adult learning.
- Assesses learning needs before, during and after each class.
- Makes just in time adjustments to training delivery based on end user and training team feedback and learning environment(s).
- Follows established process for staff who are not able to pass the assessment, and communicates the results to the IT Principal Trainer and employee's manager for follow up.
- Helps maintain training and Super User reference sites.
- Provides super user and end user support at system Go Live and post Go Live according to coverage schedule, including rounding to departments/units as assigned.
- Participates in monthly newsletter development and Super User content creation.
- Serves as a visible front line training champion both before and after go-live.
- Provides demonstrations of model system and new releases as applicable.
- Demonstrates fundamental skill in utilization of learning management system to track course completion.
- Participates in the development and revision of training tools as assigned by IT Principal Trainer.
- Assists IT Principal Trainer with Master Train Environment build.
- Listens to needs and investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Participates in work groups to review potential system enhancement needs.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized, and function well under stressful situations.
- Practices good meeting, voicemail, and e-mail etiquette.
- Ensures curriculum lessons are updated.
- Recommends and facilitates our organizational change model and tools for solutions.
- Provides insight and input for these change tools: adoption readiness radar, change road map, and communication approach and plans
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so. Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Maintains day to day visibility within the business to assure initial and on-going training education meets the needs of the business.
- Continuously seeks feedback to assure end user needs are being met and shares feedback with IT Principal Trainer.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching/training experience and/or 3 years working in Information Services and/or 3 years working in healthcare
- Knowledge of information systems
- Able to instruct and inspire various levels of end users
- High school graduate and some college work
- Experience working in clinical department or business
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- Prior classroom training experience and expertise
- Knowledge of business workflows and information systems experience
- Familiar with adult education and best practices in regards to adult learning
- BS, BA in health care related field or business or equivalent job experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs