IT Security Analyst - TVM department - Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 1868 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Security Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Investigate alerts generated by security controls.
- Implement/provide recommendations to improve detection capability accuracy.
- Participate to the development/optimization of incident response standards and procedure to increase the organizations cyber resiliency.
- Coach and mentor junior resources.
- Analyze the enterprise information security environment and recommend security measures to safeguard valuable information assets.
- Help identify, evaluate, and report on information security risks.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal departments to recommendations to optimize performance of security controls.
- Collaborate with network and technology support team to enhance and improve security processes and documentation.
- Regularly evaluate and assess information security vulnerabilities, solutions, and organizational posture.
- Stays current with security technologies and threats in order to contextualize the events observed in the environment.
- Assist in providing initial assessment of impact severity for IT security incidents and executing the appropriate response.
- Investigates any fraud and other computer issues.
- Perform daily operational tasks required for the department to protect NM's assets. Tasks range from (but are not limited to):
- Analyze security alerts
- Maintain endpoint protection infrastructure
- Facilitate risk evaluation related to vulnerability assessment findings and coordinate risk treatment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional IT experience, including Cyber Security
- Working knowledge of the following subjects:
- Network (protocols, topologies)
- Security controls (proxies, IPS, IDS, Firewall and packet analyzers)
- Systems (Windows, Linux/UNIX)
- Software development (development / scripting langages)
- Incident Response
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Experience and knowledge of at least two of the major security vendors relevant to the position.
- Working knowledge of Security Standards/Controls specified under various IT governance and compliance models (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, ISO 27001&27002, ITIL).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated timely task completion involving solid organizational skills, task tracking, follow-up, and productive peer interaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification or courses: Associate of (ISC)/CISSP, GSEC, GCWN, GCED or CEH a plus
- Patient Care Tech - Behavioral Health, Woodstock, Illinois
- Phlebotomist-FLOAT - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (CW) Chicago, Illinois
- Order Managment Specialist - Order Management Unit, Full-time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs