IS Infrastructure Team Lead, Software DevelopmentLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 110711 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa
The IS Infrastructure Team Lead reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The IS Infrastructure Team Leadwill provide guidance and coordinate the activities of cross functional operational support and project teams, ranging from 3 to 10 individuals. Teams consist of Information Services Voice, Network, Network Security, Software Development, Systems Engineers, Security, Cloud, or Integration.
The Information Services Infrastructure Team Lead manages the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and support of systems. These systems, both hardware and software, must be selected, configured, and implemented in accordance with NM accepted technical and application standards and follow NM policies for capital and operating expense allocation. Implemented systems will effectively support the business requirements of the targeted user community.
- Management of all types of information systems projects. Prepare project plans, accurately estimates project timeframes and resource requirements (both personnel and budget). Identify required skill sets, obtain project, and resource allocation approvals and assign project tasks ensuring both successful task completion and staff development. Produce project status reports. Manage the project team, including clients, vendors, consultants, and IS staff.
- Responsible for working with project teams to ensure that established design and quality standards are maintained. Review project team techniques and ensure that IS guidelines are followed for; system and integration testing; user and operations documentation; and user and operations training.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of technical and analytical expertise required to support the development, implementation, and ongoing utilization of application systems. Provide expertise in problem determination, evaluation, and solution development.
- Understand the current business operation of the client departments. Work with client departments, analysts, and vendor representatives to select, configure, and implement and support effective system solutions.
- Ensures appropriate support documentation completed and available. Provides leadership in support of installed systems to ensure that they continue to meet client objectives. Monitors support demands (problem tickets, change requests, customer response), for trends and recommends support improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Establishment and maintenance of a positive working relationship with clients. Provide quality customer service. Manage client expectations, ensuring their understanding of the application system and its impact on their department and the rest of NMH.
- Continually develops professional and technical skills.
- Expert support leadership provided for complex projects; manages high risk projects.
- Establishes and manages multiple priorities
- Guides individuals and or teams in development of project plans including; detailed task lists, work breakdown structures, resource estimates, and schedules. Conducts the overall monitoring of projects in process. Coordinates preparation of project status reports to I.S. management and the client community.
- Provides effective direction for assigned projects. Anticipates project roadblocks and removes barriers to success. Continually provides work direction for the project team, including: activity scheduling, resource assignment, and work review. Responsible for the appropriateness, applicability, and quality of all work associated with assigned projects.
- Works with client departments to develop project requests in line with the capital and operating budget request processes. Facilitates IS team education relative to use of standard IS practices for project initiation and approval. Assists departments with identifying project costs, quantifying benefits and evaluating alternatives.
- Gains thorough understanding of both the business operation and the application systems. Is able to provide the client departments with functional options that maximize the effectiveness of the computer system.
- Works with analysts, management and client departments to develop and achieve quality targets. Improvement areas should include system stability, cost, appropriateness, IS responsiveness, and other customer driven initiatives.
- Provides the highest level of technical and analytical expertise in the application software, tools, and interfaces that support the system. Understands the interaction of systems upon each other, the network, and the computer hardware.
- Gains an understanding of the business operation and analyzes its interaction with the application systems. Assists the client in evaluating and understanding the operational impact of new or modified systems. Recommends functional improvements, both in the application system and the department operation.
- Manages the expectations of the client department. Utilizes project planning documentation, reports, and presentations to ensure that management and clients have a clear understanding of the project deliverables.
- Keeps abreast of the latest software and hardware technologies through industry publications, seminars, and user groups.
- Escalates decisions relative project plan modifications that have a major/significant impact on project outcomes.
- Escalates decisions relative to changes in financial outcomes – including requirements for additional resources including recommendations for additional hardware, software or support that requires unplanned budget expenditures.
- Has a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMH IT platforms.
- Displays solid technical competence for assigned systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported systems.
- Contributes to on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMH.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and coaching for team members.
- Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise.
- Bachelor's equivalent work experience
- 5 Years of relative experience
- Experience in leading Information Services projects
- Experience in delivering formal presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Healthcare knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of business areas, especially those represented on team
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs