Investment Manager, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 17628 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Investment Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Investment Manager will be a leader within the investment staff and focus on analysis related to NMHC’s diverse $9 billion investment program. The position will lead special projects including research and analysis on a wide variety of investment topics related to asset classes and external investment managers. The Investment Manager is responsible for assisting the Investment Director(s) and the Chief Investment Executive in the execution of transactions and the completion of reporting for Northwestern Memorial HealthCare’s (NMHC) diversified portfolio of corporate, pension and insurance assets. This individual will report to an Investment Director. The Investment Manager will also be a critical resource in managing relationships with other departments, including accounting, internal/external audit, finance and governance.
- Produce investment analysis on a large number and wide variety of current portfolio investments.
- Lead manager relationships including meeting preparation, manager interviewing, meeting documentation and follow up analysis.
- Assists in answering external requests for information.
- Identify investments at risk in program.
- Lead new manager sourcing including prioritizing managers based on investment skill, relevance to the portfolio and quality of underlying opportunity set.
- Conduct data analysis associated with quarterly Investment Committee meetings and participate in preparation of meeting materials.
- Interacts regularly and constructively with NMHC’s banks, custodians and service providers to identify and resolve emerging issues.
- Requires minimal supervision with respect to work product and professional interactions.
- Leads 1-3 month tactical projects.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Chief Investment Executive. Special projects may entail conducting research and analysis on a wide variety of investment topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
- MBA or CFA
- 5+ years of relevant experience in investment-related or treasury roles demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Strong understanding of finance, statistics and economics
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Morningstar Direct and Bloomberg experience
- Company valuation and modeling experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs