Inventory and Purchasing Clerk - Pharmacy Department, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 61816 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Inventory and Purchasing Clerk reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- This position supports the inventory, purchasing, compounding, and prepackaging functions of the Department.
- The Inventory and Purchasing Clerk coordinates the daily operations of the storeroom, performs pharmaceutical purchasing functions in the absence of the Coordinator, assists the Coordinator in maintaining adequate inventory of pharmaceuticals and the required records, and oversees the manufacturing and repackaging functions of the storeroom.
- Coordinates the manufacturing and repackaging function of the storeroom.
- Schedules the products to be manufactured, insuring quality control, and maintains accurate manufacturing records.
- Receives pharmaceuticals into the storeroom and updates appropriate records.
- Resolves discrepancies in the orders with the vendors.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for the emergency carts and assures prompt restocking.
- At the direction of the Coordinator, places orders with outside vendors by telephone, computer, or written requisition.
- Answers all questions relating to the availability of drugs in the storeroom or from vendors, assigns tasks that are necessary to the daily operation of the storeroom, and solves any problems that might occur.
- Schedules the processing and return of recalled pharmaceuticals to outside vendors and maintains appropriate records.
- Ensures that the wholesale vendor returns are processed promptly.
- Removes expired products promptly from the active inventory, places it in a separate area, and makes the appropriate record adjustments.
- Ensures that all products are stored under appropriate storage conditions.
- Maintains the safety, cleanliness, security, and general condition of the storeroom.
- In conjunction with the Coordinator, performs all controlled drug inventory transactions involving the storeroom and prepares distribution records and audit reports.
- Acts as a service representative to pharmacy and hospital cost centers to ensure that user needs are being met, to review ordering procedures, to monitor product use, and to provide advice and guidance in product selection.
- Trains Technician II employees when new to the Department or when new procedures are implemented.
- Performs all the duties of the Technician II as needed.
- Ensures compliance with hazardous waste collection and disposal procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Monitors emergency cart maintenance, assists in maintaining accurate inventory and inventory records to meet regulations for controlled substances and tax free alcohol.
- Verifies that recalled or outdated drugs are isolated and that the proper records and reports are prepared.
- Assures that formulas are compounded correctly and made available for checking by a pharmacist.
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician License
- High School diploma
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- 1-2 years of college
- Pharmacy or Medical Experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs