Integration Analyst Associate - Full-Time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 8353 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Integration Analyst Associatereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for healthcare, is detailed oriented and has basic computers skills, analytical skills, customer service skills and excellent written communication and an aptitude for computer programming. The potential candidate is motivated and works effectively within a team. This role will work under the leadership of the Team Lead to monitor Interface Error Logs and requests, analyze, research and fix errors, monitor managed file transfer jobs as well as monitor interface engine console. The candidate is well-organized, able to prioritize work and able to multitask effectively. The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other IT colleagues and our clinical and financial team members within the hospital setting is key. The ideal candidate has experience or familiarity with computer programming concepts and the aptitude to build interfaces using the Health Systems Interface Engine Toolset.
The Integration Analyst Associate will be Epic Bridges certified (latest version for Health System) or will be required to obtain Epic Bridges certification after three months of hire, and will learn all aspects of the HL7 messaging protocol. Using the Interface Engine Toolset, the analyst will update interface tables, build basic interfaces and support interface testing under the leadership of Team Lead and/or Level II and Senior Integration Analysts.
Integration Analyst Associates will provide Level 1 Support for Epic interface errors, managed file transfers and interface engine interfaces and will engage in entry level interface engine development work such as updating tables, building ADT interfaces, supporting interface testing, interface restarts, supporting stopping/starting interfaces during downtimes (day shift only).
- Monitor Epic Interface Error Work queues and Service tasks assigned to the interface team, related to failed interface messages; analyze, research and resolve issues collaborating with others as needed.
- Level 1 - Monitor low risk GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer Error Emails and restart jobs when necessary and communicate status to job owners and team members.
- Level 1 Support - Monitor Epic Bridges and Interface Engine Interfaces. Work with other interface analysts and applications teams to restart interfaces (connected to 3rd party systems) and communicate status to interface owners and team members.
- Document error resolution processes/tips in team knowledge base.
- Meet all SLAs for error resolution.
- Fulfill user requests for ADT and other basic low impact interfaces; build and test interface.
- Work with Integration Analyst II, Senior or Team Lead to create change requests and implement new interfaces.
- Fulfill user requests to update standard interface engine interface tables.
- Fulfill user requests to support testing for ADT and other low impact interfaces.
- Ensure yearly HIPAA compliance with system information and security protocols.
- Utilize Change Management processes and tools effectively; closing tasks in a timely manner; documenting the required details in tasks/changes; participating in Change Management Board calls to secure change approvals.
- Collaborate with team members, end users, and other organizational stakeholders on customer requests.
- Display basic computer knowledge Microsoft word, excel and email with an aptitude of basic computer language.
- Express great attitude while striving for ongoing learning and education.
- Develops diagnostic skills and expertise to assist with problem determination and solution across the assigned NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs and meets Service Level Agreements as defined in conjunction with our customers.
- Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end users, etc.).
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposefully with customers and team members, written and oral.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of task and customers request.
- Escalates service issues to Team Lead and/or Manager to prevent
- Assists with on-going error log resolution planning where it’s seamless to operations while maintaining a 24/48 turn around.
- On-going monitoring system performance, and reporting daily progress activity.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond appropriately on task, project, departmental and customer priorities
- Time management and taking the appropriate steps to achieve a successful outcome
Professional and Staff Development
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Acts as a resource for members of the application teams, including interface team.
- Maintain self-evaluation through training and on-going education
- Adapts to rapid change and manages multiple priorities
- Foster high level aptitude in team, sharing ideas and goals for a successful outcome
- Contribute to problem solving by engaging teammates, leads, and managers as necessary
- Team communication is essential for accomplishing overall department goals
- Positive outlook provides positive outcomes
- Team trust builds team growth and knowledge
- Respect co-workers ideas through healthy conversation
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or healthcare field.
- 0-2 years of experience in technical or healthcare field.
- Interface Engine Experience a plus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs