Informatics Pharmacist-Inventory Billing, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 3320 Job Function Pharmacy Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The 340B Informatics Pharmacist works to optimize the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and pharmacy automation systems for the benefit of pharmacy practice and the medication‐use process, specifically for 340B medications. Specializes in the medication process, from ordering to administration. Collaborates with clinical pharmacists, non-pharmacist clinicians, Information Services (I.S.) and other NMHC hospitals in the design of the EHR and Clinical Decision Support. Supports pharmacists as the resource for pharmacy system changes. Serves as a departmental resource for EHR-related staff education and precepts pharmacy students and residents.
- In collaboration with pharmacy leadership, corporate compliance, and 340B consulting team, develops and implements 340B regulatory compliance policies and procedures and other necessary approaches to ensure a high level of regulatory compliance and readiness for HRSA and/or drug manufacturer audits.
- Completes CDM-NDC crosswalk maintenance, drug record build, and charge capture with the assistance of pharmacy technicians
· Completes ongoing monitoring and reporting of key financial and service dashboard indicators to ensure desired program outcomes are achieved in a timely manner
· Collaborates with the pharmacy practice coordinator, pharmacy informatics, and decision support in assisting sites, departments, service lines and individuals in the identification of information or data needs to support 340B activities
· Performs quality assurance audits on all aspects of the organization’s 340B program on a continuous basis including contract pharmacy operations, financial transactions, and patient and provider qualifications
· Serves as the departmental resource for coordination with I.S. as well as other NMHC pharmacy departments for new EHR medication-related build and troubleshooting.
· Collaborates with I.S. and NMHC clinicians for system-wide decisions such as order set design, clinical decision support and quality improvement.
· Assists with the maintenance of RPX including product definitions, cost updates, investigational protocols, manufacturing records, CMS billing requirements and report creation.
· Provides data extracts to assist with departmental research and process improvement initiatives via RPX and EPIC, when necessary.
· Serves as a departmental resource for EHR-related education.
· Provides end-user validation of medication-related system changes
· Validates newly received NDCs for successful barcode scanning. Investigates barcodes which will not scan.
· Participates in system-wide projects.
· Serves as a preceptor for the PGY1 and student Informatics rotations.
· Supports the build and maintenance of pharmacy-related automation, such as Omnicell and Talyst. Participates in the implementation of future automation.
· Participates in interdepartmental committees to impart knowledge related to pharmacy automation, technology and the medication-use process.
· Maintains a visible professional profile. Membership in local, state, and/or national professional organizations is highly encouraged.
· Has completed the Apexus 340B Certification and/or experience working as a 340B pharmacy informatics pharmacist.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 340B program regulatory and compliance procedures as well as program issues, trends, and challenges.
- Knowledge of pharmacy systems, analytics requirements, and purchasing and inventory management within a healthcare environment.
- The ability to analyze and report data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
· Knowledge of clinical pharmacy practice and understanding of hospital pharmacy operations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interact constructively with supervisors and co‐workers.
· Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
· Strong general clinical knowledge and expertise.
· Familiarity with pharmacy automation, pharmacy computer system applications, or information technology experience preferred
· Graduate of an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy.
· PGY1 Residency preferred.
· Pharmacy experience (2‐4 years) in a hospital setting strongly preferred.
Registered pharmacist in the state of Illinois or eligible for licensure
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs