Infection Preventionist, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 13115 Job Function Safety/Security/Infection Control Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Infection Preventionist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Acts as a resource for problem solving issues related to infection prevention.
- Completes 24/7 on call assignments as scheduled.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), Illinois, Chicago and Cook County Departments of Public Health, and The Joint Commission, as well as recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Performs surveillance rounds on designated units and high risk areas.
- Collects and analyzes infection information for both patients and healthcare personnel.
- Serves as a leader/mentor and subject matter expert to staff in the areas related to infection prevention.
- Performs investigations on significant clusters of infections, infectious outbreaks, or s significant incidents.
- Collaborates with managers and staff to implement and monitor corrective action plans related to infection prevention.
- Prepares reports from data gathered and analyzed using a variety of software packages.
- Presents the findings of surveillance data and special investigations/studies to the appropriate individuals and the Committee on Infection Control and Prevention (CIC). Collaborates with Corporate Health in all areas relating to staff issues involving infectious disease exposures.
- Completes and submits reportable data to local, state, and national agencies.
- Presents lectures, orientation and training related to infection prevention.
- Conducts compliance monitoring for hand hygiene and adherence to established policy to assure patient and staff safety.
- Participates in Environment of Care (EOC) rounds and provides recommendations for remediation when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as designated in the support of organizational priorities.
- Bachelors Degree (usually in Nursing, Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology or Allied Health related field) and 2-3 years recent clinical experience in the acute care setting.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques.
- Experience may be as a RN, Medical Technologist, Epidemiologist, and/or have an advanced degree in Public Health or related healthcare field.
- State Licensure or advanced degree depending on professional clinical background.
- At least 1-2 years of infection control experience.
- Two years of post-graduate study in a healthcare related field, epidemiology and/or public health.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards as they relate to infection prevention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification in Infection Control from the Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.
- If not certified, achieves certification within three years of appointment to the role.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Host/Hostess, Delnor, Part-time, Days & Evenings Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist Pediatrics - Marianjoy, In House Registry, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Host/Hostess, Delnor, Casual, Afternoon & Evenings Geneva, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - CDH West Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs