HR Business Partner II, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 67900 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The HR Business Partner II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
As a key strategic partner, the HR Business Partner II (HRBP II) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP II serves as a consultant to management on HR related issues which may include performance management, workforce planning, employee relations, talent acquisition, organizational and leadership development, compensation and benefits. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent.
The HRBP II assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicating needs proactively within the HR department to the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and across the operating business units, the HRBP II seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships among the COEs across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP II maintains an effective level of business literacy about the organizations strategicplan and its culture.
- As the key HR resource, provides guidance and support to assigned business/operational units regarding employee relations, workforce planning, compensation, talent and performance management, organizational and leadership development.
- Collaborates with Leaders to determine how HR services can advance organizational and business unit priorities and strategy.
- Develop and implement complex, broad people strategies.
- Leads and supports employee engagement initiatives.
- Advises Leadership on the development and implementation of workforce best practices and policies to advance the strategy and support the mission, vision, and values of NM.
- Provides coaching on the handling of employee relations matters, including managing performance issues, managing conflict and addressing employee retention issues.
- Investigates various complaints made to HR, EEOC or other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains thorough documentation.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to HRBP I colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years human resources or hospital.
- Operations/management experience (must include experience as a HR Business Partner).
- Project management experience.
- Process improvement experience.
- Facilitation and training skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Human Resource applications.
- Detail oriented with natural commitment to follow-through.
- Proven ability in facilitating effective meetings and interactions.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence using MS Office programs.
- Excellent word processing, database management and PowerPoint.
- Flexible and demonstrates comfort with ambiguity.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs