Housekeeping Assistant Specialist - Environmental ServicesLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID EV15851S Job Function Housekeeping Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Full-time and Part-time Positions Available
Days and Evenings positions available
The Housekeeping Assistant Specialist I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Housekeeping Assistant Specialist I, under the direction of the supervisor of Environmental Services, assists the supervisor in the orientation of new departmental personnel assigned to insure completeness. This position performs general and heavy cleaning of operating rooms, public areas offices and patient rooms.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces, damp mops hard surface floors.
- Assists the supervisor in orientating new housekeeping assistants to the department.
- Performs general and heavy cleaning duties in offices, patient rooms, clean and soiled utility rooms, laboratories, public areas, and stairways such as washing floors, walls, furniture, bed etc., with the appropriate hospital approved chemicals. Use ladders and scaffolds as necessary.
- Cleans window sills, empties ash trays and waste baskets.
- Cleans blood and body fluids.
- Clean arranges furniture in patient’s rooms, baths, offices, waiting and other public areas as assigned.
- Cleans bath tubs, sinks, mirrors, toilets and replaces supplies as required.
- While generally assigned to a specific area, may be dispatched to other areas as needs dictate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Refinish floors, applying appropriate surface coatings.
- Operates electrical and battery operated machines for scrubbing, shampooing and burnishing.
- Moves furniture as directed and assists in freight moving.
- Washes walls, blinds, lights and similar surface areas and hangs drapes.
- Maintains and cleans equipment. Upon completion returns.
- Equipment to assigned location (i.e. equipment storeroom, Janitor’s closet). Keeps janitor’s closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Performs all heavy duty mopping and cleaning.
- Cleans washes, polishes and scrubs floor using electric scrubbing machine, wet vacuum and/or buffer.
- Applies floor finish as directed.
- Empties trash chutes and cleans waste containers.
- Advises supervisor of unsanitary, unsafe or otherwise unsatisfactory conditions and defective or damaged fixtures, furniture or equipment.
- Collects trash and debris in rooms, halls and stairways.
- Removes and compacts general waste and recycling materials. Upon completion of compacting, returns the blade to an “in” position.
- Properly disposes of Bio-hazardous waste.
- Moves all heavy furniture and equipment.
- Cleans rolling stock furniture, hospital equipment and related items.
- Strips, refinishes and/or shampoos all types of floor surfaces and coverings.
- Transports hospital property from area to area or building to building.
- Properly utilize the Bed Tracking system:
- Log into the computer at the start of the shift.
- Upon commencement of the cleaning process move the “dirty bed”, “clean next” bed, or a “stat bed” into the “In Progress” category.
- Once completed move the bed into the “Bed Ready” category.
- Log out at the end of the shift.
- Strips unit upon discharge, terminally clean patient room and prepares for admission. This includes the use of a tent card and a toilet seat strip.
- Perform all in between case cleaning in the OR’s, terminally clean all OR’s and clean all LDR’s after each delivery.
- Return all keys and pagers.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs