Hospital Operations Administrator, Full-Time, NightsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 26995 Job Function Management-Business Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Hospital Operations Administrator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assures effective hospital operations of support systems and patient care off-shift hours, holidays and weekends.
- Serves as central resource for information concerning clinical and support issues, patients' rights and responsibilities, advance directives, ethical issues, death certificates, organ/tissue donation, and legal matters as appropriate.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of the organizations mission, policy/procedures and services and is skilled in interpreting such for patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Intervenes as requested/needed by the Manager, Clinical/Resource Coordinator, or staff in any human resource issue (i.e., discipline, fitness for duty, and recognition); communicates intervention to management as soon as appropriate.
- Provides important hospital information to individual departments in a rapid, objective manner.
- Responds to clinical and facility codes during assigned shifts to identify and resolve system breakdowns such as: bed availability, staffing, equipment acquisition and emergent access to diagnostic intervention.
- Responds to and resolves all operational difficulties and system breakdowns.
- Promotes and serves as role model to staff and physicians in all aspects of patient advocacy.
- At direction of Public Relations/Media Relations, provides information to the news media when appropriate.
- Coordinates internal/external disaster response on off-shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Facilitates the escalation of clinical care concerns.
- Exhibits Patients First behavior to patients, visitors, physicians, and employees.
- Ensures that the processes on the off-shift, holidays and weekends are patient driven and efficient.
- Responsible for identifying quality improvement opportunities of shift operations.
- Tracks routine measures that are identified as Quality Indicators.
- CPR Training.
- Training in the use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Active Illinois Registered Nurse License.
- Active Illinois state nursing license.
- Master's degree in health related field or MBA required.
- 5-7 years of healthcare supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication and analytical problem solving skills.
- Proven experience in conflict management and strong ability to negotiate differences.
- Basic word processing, e-mail, and computer knowledge skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs