Graduate Administrative Intern - Inpatient Hospital Operations (Summer 2021)Chicago, Illinois Job REQID REF13056P Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Graduate Administrative Intern reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The Administrative Internship presents a valuable opportunity for graduate students (e.g. M.B.A., M.P.H., M.H.A., M.P.P., etc) to gain experiential education and for Northwestern Memorial Hospital to benefit from the service, skills and knowledge that graduate students can offer.
The internship is 12 weeks in length and is scheduled for the summer term only. Graduate Interns are paired with a Director to complete a three month project aligned with NMHs strategic objectives. The internship program includes: orientation sessions, mid-point and final feedback session, lunches with senior executives, management meetings, community service, and executive presentations. Graduate interns interact with the management team, medical leadership, campus partners and are exposed to all aspects of healthcare operations.
The Graduate Intern maintains all duties including but not limited to the following: Completion of assigned intern project, submission of final project presentation and completion of program evaluation. Participation in Graduate Internship program activities including: shadowing, senior executive lunches, management meetings and orientation sessions. Final presentation to senior leadership and project team.
Application and Selection Timeline:
- Application Due Date: January 15th, 2021
- Interviews: Late January/Early February, 2021
- Graduate Administrative Intern Program Start Date: May or June 2021
Hours: Interns must be available to work Monday through Friday during standard business hours. Hours may occasionally vary.
Graduate Interns must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program. Programs can include Masters degrees in Healthcare Administration (M.P.H, M.H.A., M.H.S.A., etc.), Business Administration (M.B.A) or equivalent (M.P.A.).
Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including presentation skills.
Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
To Be Uploaded:
Candidates must complete the online application and upload the following electronically as part of the application:
- Personal Statement (1 page or less)
- Graduate Transcript(s)
* Please note that you can submit your attachments after you apply, up until January 15, 2021. When you apply, you will receive an automated email to set up an account. Once your account is set up, you can log back into your application and submit attachments.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs