Food Service Attend III, Food Services Sanitation, part-time, EveningsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 72451 Job Function Food Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
* this is a part-time position: 24 hours a week with every weekend.
* Hours: 12:30pm-9pm.
The Food Service Attendant III reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Food Service Attendant III performs a variety of food service tasks and housekeeping functions, in support of the hospital food service program. This role works under minimum supervision primarily in the following areas: Cafeteria, Kitchen, Dish room, and Transportation. The employee will be expected to adhere to established guidelines in regards to sanitation standards, personal grooming, health standards, customer service standards and portion control.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and do simple tasks.
- Operate, after simple instructions, equipment such as coffee dispensers, smoothie machines, soda dispensers.
- Knowledgeable in proper food handling techniques.
- Must be able to work safely, e.g. move carts without damage to equipment/property, stack dishes, mop spills to prevent falls.
- Comply with current established standards of sanitation and work procedures.
- Clean, dice, and portion assorted fruits and vegetables, plate desserts and salads for serving.
- Operates elevator and transports patient meal carts and special request trays to correct locations.
- Sets up/break down serving lines as required.
- Serves (including meat carving) to customers in cafeteria.
- Fills, maintains, follows portion control guidelines, and cleans various dispensers utilized in the department.
- Fills, maintains and cleans food condiment areas, refrigerators, freezers.
- Cleans tables, carts, floors, shelving and other small equipment located in food service department.
- Supplies serving ling with food and keeps production area informed on food quantities.
- Follows proper and approved serving procedures.
- Operates equipment located in dishwashing area to include proper set-up, break down and cleaning (sanitation) after each use. Records temperatures of dish machine prior to meal run.
- Washes and sanitizes pots and pans manually as required.
- Assists in moving, cleaning and storing of food supplies.
- Follows proper sanitation procedures, attends mandatory department in services/meetings, and adheres to all policies in accordance to departmental/hospital policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Food Service experience (1-2 yrs.) with health care background.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehension and ability to follow JCAHO Regulations for food handling, sanitation and food preparation.
- Chicago Sanitation Certification.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs