Financial Coordinator - International Health, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 3304 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Int. Health Financial Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides daily patient billing consultations, in person and by phone, including explaining payment amount, collecting payment, tracking patient responsibility and facilitating additional collections if actual treatment plan varies from anticipated treatment plan.
- Works closely with the international patient coordinators and senior leadership to deliver expedient positive outcomes on complex billing issues.
- Communicates regularly with diverse stakeholders around the facility.
- Resolves patients disputes with payment and escalates various issues to senior leadership.
- Creates, manages and mails embassy invoice packets.
- Coordinates with embassy financial teams to ensure prompt payment of all invoices.
- Process all invoices from departments various accounts, private physicians and other vendors; bill to patient per departmental policy.
- Track outstanding accounts receivable by patient, payor type follow up with patients on regular basis to ensure timely payment is received.
- Coordinates with clinical teams, patients, and payor to create estimate based on anticipated treatment plan.
- Communicates treatment plan to patient and facilitates in-person and phone payment collections.
- Audits all international patient billing and documents payment in practice management system and submits to NMH Accounts Payable for payment.
- Process monthly reconciliation reports for NMH, NMG, revenue accounting, and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist clinics as needed when patient presents with international insurance.
- Runs regular and ad hoc data reports for presentation to senior leadership.
- Associate's degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, colleagues and embassy clients.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to diffuse and resolve problematic situations.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Strong problem-solving and issue resolution experience.
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members and external partners to enhance the patient experience.
- Advanced organizational skills, be able to prioritize multiple activities and deliver quality service.
- Bachelor's degree
- Computer skills: Systems utilized include Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Access), Epic, Peoplesoft.
- Pharmacy Technician, Part-Time/Casual, Rotating Huntley, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - Behavioral Health Practice, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep - Behavioral Health Medical Group, McHenry, Part-time McHenry, Illinois
- Triage Nurse - Primary Care Crystal Lake, Full-time, Days Crystal Lake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs