Financial Analyst, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 51891 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 29.45 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Financial Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for recording transactions, performing analysis activities, and evaluating trends and drivers at Northwestern Medicine. The position will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process; as well as support for the annual financial statement audit. The analyst will need to understand complex financial concepts in a fast paced environment.
- Assist in preparing investments schedules and note disclosures that provide support for the Company’s quarterly and annual filings
- Coordinate annual and quarterly audit requests from Auditors
- Prepare annual roll-forwards of investments and debt
- Establish and implement new reporting requirements as needed
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP
- Assist, as needed, in special projects and the implementation of changes in FASB/GAAP
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for recording transactions, performing analysis activities, and evaluating trends and drivers related to investments and debt
- The position will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process; as well as support for the annual financial statement audit
- The analyst will need to understand complex financial concepts in a fast paced environment.
- Meet financial objectives by identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations; analyze variances; and initiate corrective actions on transactions with a high degree of complexity in support for finance and operating departments
- Conduct annual review of investment manager audited financial statements
- Prepare monthly liquidity schedules for rating agencies
- The analyst will work heavily with the Office of Investments, Treasury Operations, and Fund Accounting on various investment and debt related matters
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and accounting skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Public Accounting experience.
- CPA or CHFP certification.
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Healthcare finance experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs