Financial Analyst FDC - PeopleSoftLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 649 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Not Applicable Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Finance Data Control (FDC) Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine (NM), adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The FDC Analyst will maintain the PeopleSoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) system infrastructure, which has direct impact on the financial reporting of the entire organization. The FDC Analyst must understand financial and accounting requirements in the application of IT systems and procedures. The FDC Analyst will be required to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and consultants to support the financial and operational objectives of NM.
- Perform data control tasks for the PeopleSoft ERP including:
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts (COA), including all ChartField segments
- Create and maintain combination edit rules
- Establish and maintain identification for ownership of accounts
- Maintain hierarchical rollup (master trees, alternate trees, department trees and account trees)
- Maintain elimination trees, consolidation trees, and elimination sets
- Develop and maintain Financial Reporting-approved standard nVision reports and associated templates, trees, etc.
- Maintain report distribution to Finance and Operational leadership
- Control monthly general ledger interface process and validate interface data for completeness
- Maintain chart of accounts functional design documentation, including data dictionary
- Maintain links and feeds from and to external systems
- Track issues through resolution
- Maintain master data management in accordance with FDC policies
- Ensure end-user awareness, training and knowledge transfer
- Implement and maintain new reporting requirements driven by external accounting changes or internal management requests.
- Communicate clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members. Focuses on FDC team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others. Shifts easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Provide support during month-end close processes.
- Participate in efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes and systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect confidential financial and patient information.
- Support the finance operation of Northwestern Medicine through special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in PeopleSoft application support role
- Effective time management, organization and prioritizing ability
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Experience with General Accounting and ERP systems
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs