Executive Assistant - Human Resources, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 15202 Job Function Executive Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Executive Assistantreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Executive Assistant performs a variety of clerical, secretarial and operational duties to support the efficient day-to-day management and coordination of office procedures under the direction of the VP/SVP.
- Composes and types in an accurate and timely fashion, correspondence, memos, and minutes from oral dictation, record transcription, shorthand, or rough drafts which may be confidential.
- Manages telephone operations; answers, screens, and directs telephone calls.
- Receives, screens, distributes or files all incoming correspondence and other mail.
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of all office supplies and printed forms.
- Provides calendar management support for VP/SVP; schedules meetings and meeting rooms; arranges for catering; confirms attendance; and supports the VP/SVP in preparation and distribution of materials as necessary.
- Arranges travel (transportation and/or hotel) under the direction of the VP/SVP.
- Monitors budget and general ledger detail for accuracy; identifies variances and reports them to the VP/SVP; has a complete understanding of the division and company financial policies; creates purchase orders; and processes invoices for payment against purchase orders or general expense reimbursement.
- Maintains procedure manuals; ensures appropriate communication to staff of changes in procedures.
- Utilizes advanced Microsoft Office applications to design and lay-out executive presentations and reports.
- Assists the VP/SVP in maintaining department personnel files and mandatory certification/licensure lists and tracks staff continuing education requests.
- Communicates (verbal and written) with a wide range of departments, employees, vendors, and physicians; and serves as a liaison on behalf of VP/SVP to foster strong working relationships.
- Processes request for new employee office space, passwords, office supplies, phone and voicemail, mail delivery and other resources as necessary.
- May support additional projects as requested by the VP/SVP
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of seven to ten years secretarial/assistant experience, at least three of which have been in support of senior level positions.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, confidential office.
- Must be able to follow directions independently.
- Healthcare experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs