Enterprise Technical ArchitectLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 34648 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Enterprise Technical Architect reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Enterprise Technical Architect (ETA) ensures that the architecture program supports current NM operations and provides technical guidance for adding future capabilities. The ETA is the senior technical architect, responsible for ensuring that architectural standards, practices and patterns are in place and adhered to.
The ETA is also responsible for working with application, service line and platform leaders to ensure that future capabilities are created in a manner that is consistent with the future state technical architecture roadmap. The ETA collaborates with the Enterprise Solution Architect (ESA) to ensure that solutions and technology are aligned on the same results.
- Operationalize the technical architecture program across all architecture domains
- Coordinate the activities of technical architects across Service Lines, Product Teams, Platforms and application teams
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide technical design and decision making
- Define & maintain high-level plans for digital and cloud migrations
- Co-Facilitate (with the Enterprise Technical Architect) the NMIS EA Steering Committee
- Ensure that technical architecture deliverables are completed, approved & stored for general use
- Support the NMIS architecture community of practice (COP) to ensure alignment of standards & practice across architecture disciplines
- Develop and maintain a 3-year forward-looking technical roadmap, based on the 3-year capabilities roadmap, to guide budget and operational (e.g. staffing, training) decisions
- Ensure that technical architecture artifacts are used by technical and solution development teams to ensure conformity with architecture standards
- Maintain agreed upon ETA metrics and related reporting and communicate the value that ETA delivers to the health system
- Facilitate the creation of a technical debt catalog across IS disciplines
- Facilitate the creation and execution of technical debt reduction plans across IS disciplines
- Support App Rat and New App decision making based on future-state technical roadmap and data use needs
- Develop the API strategy for the health system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience
- At least 7 years of experience in enterprise, technical or information architecture design
- Experience designing technology architecture in a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated experience creating technical architectures across a portfolio of systems
- Experience with designing the technical requirements for enterprise digital transformation
- Experience with cloud architectures and migration of applications, data and workloads to cloud services
- Experience designing technology platforms to enable enterprise custom solutions
- Experience designing strategic technical roadmaps
- Experience composing digital solutions using events and various data sources to design the solution
- Digital product management
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Evening Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Days Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II, Fulltime, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Emergency Room, Full-time, evenings, $5,000/$7,500 Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs