Education Coordinator Neurodiagnostic TechnicianLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 22789 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Education Coordinator Neurodiagnostic Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Education Coordinator works closely with the NTC and EMU staff to provide educational services related to neurological testing and Electrocephalography (EEG) monitoring in the following areas:
- Outpatient EEG monitoring
- Ambulatory EEG monitoring
- Continuous EEG monitoring, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Continuous EEG monitoring, ICU and other NMH inpatient units
- Evoked Potentials
This individual will be expected to take a leadership role in ensuring consistent technical quality of studies, monitoring participation in ongoing quality assurance programs, training new technical staff, coordinating educational activities for staff, and implementing new technology. In addition to Education Coordinator responsibilities, this individual will perform functions of a Senior EEG Technologist, including time dedicated to providing neurological testing and/or monitoring in EEG or EP. This individual works closely with the department Manager, Neurological Testing Center (NTC) Resource Coordinator, Senior Registered Neurodiagnostic Technologists, NTC Medical Director, and other attending Physicians.
- Oversee educational program for EEG students and Assistant EEG Technologists in the NTC/EMU.
- Act as liaison between NTC/EMU and CAAHEP accredited END training programs
- Oversee educational program for EEG, Evoked Potential and Long Term Monitoring Technologists.
- Develop curriculum for training new technologists and continuing education for established techs.
- Provide training for new Neurophysiology Technicians and student preceptors.
- Work with physicians to provide orientation and training for Residents and Fellows in the EMU and NTC.
- Provide consistent feedback, ideas and suggestions to Resource Coordinator/Manager regarding process improvement within the department, and be involved in improvement initiatives.
- Provides Neurological testing and/or monitoring in any or all of the following clinical areas: standard, long-term, or ambulatory Electroencephalography (EEG), and Evoked Potential (EP).
- Assure that supplies and materials necessary for educational purposes are available to appropriate individuals.
- Act as liaison with accredited EEG educational programs, ASET, The Neurodiagnostic Society, Central Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (CSET) and Illinois Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ISET).
- Conduct record review and other educational sessions for EEG technologists in rotation with physicians (Tuesday mornings).
- Participate in yearly Neurophysiology course under direction of NTC/EMU Director.
- Provide consistent feedback and suggestions for improvement to other Coordinators, Medical Director and/or Manager on Neurodiagnostic and Neurophysiology Technicians and/or student preceptor's performance.
- Facilitate staff understanding of department clinical/technical performance standards and monitor compliance
- Participates in organizational and departmental quality improvement activities.
- Monitor compliance with all quality assurance programs/projects.
- Communicates customer satisfaction issues to appropriate individuals.
- Provide uniform and consistent training for all technologists working in the NTC and EMU regardless of shift specifically: adding extra electrodes, neonatal recordings and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Complete a written description of all responsibilities for students and preceptors training in the NTC and EMU including financial responsibilities and arrangements between NMH and any training programs.
- Encourage teamwork through positive leadership and communication. Serve as a role model.
- Assist with neurodiagnostic research initiatives, including compliance with protocols.
- Work with NTC Resource Coordinator and/or Manager to implement new policies, procedures and protocols.
- Performs all functions as defined by Senior Registered Neurodignostic Technologist job description.
- Registration through American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential technologists (ABRET) for EEG (R. EEG T.), Evoked Potentials (R. EP T.) and Certification in Long Term Monitoring (CLTM).
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher
- At least 10 years of experience in Neurodiagnostic Testing related to EEG, Evoked Potentials and Long-Term Monitoring.
- Certified in basic cardiac life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA).
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs