ED Hospitalist - ChicagoLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID REF19431Q Job Function Physician Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an Internist or Family physician to join our Emergency Department (ED) team in the role of an ED Hospitalist. This physician will work alongside our ED staff and a team of Advanced Practice Providers to advance the care of admitted patients as well as provide care in the ED observation unit. This role provides a unique opportunity for a hospitalist to work closely together with ED faculty and residents to ensure safe and efficient care transitions.
Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems. Responsible for health outcome of an assigned patient population. Confers with other health professionals in area of clinical expertise. Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families and staff in areas of expertise. Supervises Advanced Practice Providers as it relates to patient care. Actively participates in quality improvement and/or research pertinent to area of expertise.
- Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients' health status by taking health histories and performing physical examinations in clinical area.
- Provides direct clinical care to patients.
- Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets laboratory tests, x-rays and procedures according to clinical privileges.
- Evaluates patients to determine their need for further health care.
- Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and families.
- Documents in the medical record all care and education provided and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced Practice Provider is responsible.
- Refers to other disciplines as appropriate.
- Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise.
- Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making.
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation.
- Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, and the community.
- Maintains certifications and continuing education as required for licensure and privileging.
- Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients First".
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as appropriate.
- Provides comprehensive teaching strategies for patients and their families.
- Develops and participates in programs to meet continuing education needs of staff.
- Serves as a role model and preceptor to students.
- Provides formal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of specialty.
- Participates in quality improvement and/or research initiatives for specific patient population as appropriate.
- MD/DO from an accredited medical school
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or IM/EM
- Active Illinois licensure, Federal DEA
- Privileged and credentialed through the Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH) Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- 36 Clinical hours/week average
- Rotating Day/PM shifts
- One weekend per month with home call responsibility
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs