Division Administrator - Neurology, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 28347 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Division Administratorreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develop Budgets:
- Prepare/oversee the preparation of the annual operating budgets for the division to meet institutional targets, including analytics that support assumptions or programs contained in the budget.
- Assist in developing current, benchmarked production standards at both the division and the physician level commensurate with the organizations compensation plan. Ensure that all contractual relationships and obligations are appropriately reflected in the budget.
- Collaborate with practice managers to ensure that the clinical practice staffing plans can support the targeted production levels.
- Ensure that the overall budget represents a fair assessment of the likely financial outcome of the division.
- Assist in the preparation of grant budgets.
- Manage Financial Affairs:
- In collaboration with the Division Chief, manage the division within the approved budget.
- Provide financial management support and analysis to support operational decision making throughout the year.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all elements of the financial reports. Provide guidance to the Chief understanding and interpreting the reports.
- Monitor and manage the activity and balances for all divisional accounts (including grants) throughout the year.
- Manage the transfer of expenses between accounts controlled by the division.
- Prepare meaningful variance analyses as required/requested. Based on the results of the monthly variance analyses or special needs of the division investigate potential financial problems, perform related financial analyses, and take or make recommendations for corrective action. Collaborate with the finance team in resolving all financial reporting errors or omissions.
- Manage Member, Faculty, Trainee and Student Activities:
- Manage physician, faculty, and trainee and student activities within the division, including those related to payroll, physician status, and productivity, recruitment, immigration and physician relations.
- Manage the organization processes related to credentialing and hospital privileging.
- Manage the Feinberg School of Medicine processes related to appointments, promotions and tenure.
- Oversee the processes related to maintaining part-time, contributed services and adjunct faculty.
- For approved recruitments, develop the financial and production expectations both for the new physician and for the Practice.
- Manage education and training processes, including those related to graduate and continuing medical education.
- Manage Personnel Activities:
- Manage the human resources activities within the division including those related to recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, disciplining, terminating, performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee relations and staff payroll. Comply with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Complete (and oversee completion of) all performance evaluations in a timely and thorough fashion such that they serve as aneffective feedback and developmental tool for staff.
- Ensure that all other human resources paperwork is accurately completed in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance records for staff.
- Determine when and if role changes are necessary, make recommendations to management and implement approved changes as appropriate.
- Provide time and opportunity for staff training and development. Ensure that all training has been completed and that staff is adequately prepared to perform as expected.
- Facilitate cross-training of staff as appropriate to allow for rotation of personnel.
- Participate in Developing Business and Strategic Plans:
- Actively participate with leadership in developing business plans for the division. Assist in the development of financial, production, compensation and operational targets and models.
- Assist in identifying areas of opportunity and potential models for joint ventures, acquisitions, alliances, etc. Serve as the Primary Contact and Representative for the Division and Support the Practice Manager for the Divisions Clinical Practice
- Utilize the organizations service recovery protocol; resolve patient issues in a fair and appropriate manner. In all possible instances, resolve the customer's issue without referring them elsewhere for further assistance.
- Work with the Patient Services staff and other appropriate departments as necessary to promptly and effectively resolve patient issues.
- Participate in routinely obtaining feedback from patients and other customers, both through established processes, as well as through observations and conversations with customers. Summarize information and prepare related reports as requested.
- Ensure that Operations Support Achievement of Organization Goals and Compliant with Organization Policies and Procedures:
- Serve as a liaison between the division and clinical practice leadership to ensure achievement of organization goals.
- Ensure that practice and divisional operations are compliant with other organization policies and procedures, as well as with all relevant regulatory requirements. Where compliance is inadequate, initiate corrective action promptly.
- Ensure that all staff understands all aspects of the Billing Compliance Program and that there are no policies, procedures or processes that are inconsistent with the Program.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, including those promulgated by OSHA, Clinical Laboratory Amendments (CLIA), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), etc. Maintain thorough understanding of all relevant regulatory matters.
- Serve as a liaison with the appropriate parties for research activities that occur in the Practice. Manage Facilities, Information Systems, Communication, Marketing and Managed Care
- Manage other diverse needs of the division, including those related to facilities, information systems, communication, coordination among entities, marketing, managed care, etc.
- Collaborate with the Department Administrator and the Managed Care Department in reviewing contractual issues and assist in analyzing their impact their impact on the Division.
- Ensure that all facilities-related activities are effectively and efficiently coordinated. Understand space needs and identify and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Manage the divisions Information Systems needs in collaboration with the Department Administrator.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years previous managerial and financial management experience.
- Previous experience in an academic medical center strongly preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs