Director-Talent Development Clinical, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 16585 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Director,Talent Development, Clinical reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Director, Talent Development, Clinical manages the daily operations of the NM Academy Clinical Talent Development function systemwide.
The Director of Talent Development, Clinical provides strategic planning, direction, coordination and supervision of the NM Academy Clinical Schools and the clinical teams within the NM Academy. In partnership with nursing leadership and simulation experts, they provide internal consultation to the organization on development, implementation and evaluation of the nursing professional development activities/experiences. Travel may be required to facilitate collaboration with entities across Northwestern Medicine. This position also serves as a resource/coach/mentor to nurse educators.
- Manages people and processes to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational goals.
- Develops learning and instructional design strategies.
- Implements and monitors success of systems and programs.
- Leads interdisciplinary clinical groups to define, measure and analyze quality/patient safety data to identify innovative methods to improve practice.
- Defines, collects, analyzes and presents data to identify most appropriate learning techniques.
- Leads improvement activities utilizing simulation and other innovative modalities.
- Applies knowledge of professional nursing standards, current research, best practices, and interdisciplinary collaboration to measurably improve the nursing practice environment, patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and analyzes/interprets data trends to design effective training interventions.
- Utilizes innovative methods (including, but not limited to, simulation technology) to provide effective education to clinical staff.
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Formal experience with clinical instruction
- Proven leadership of teams and people
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and critical thinking skills.
- MSN or MS in Education
- Nursing experience in a hospital setting
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse license
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs