Director-Supply Chain Operations, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10032 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Director, Supply Chain Operations reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Director, Supply Chain Operations, this position has responsibility for leading system-wide initiatives supporting Supply Chain and Supply Chain customers. The Director, Supply Chain Operations will lead large-scale initiatives, project plan development and execution across all NMHC hospitals and physician groups in order to facilitate Supply Chain strategy to reduce costs, maximize efficiency and provide standardization across technology, services and capital equipment. The Director, Supply Chain Operations collaborates with NM Executives in all projects and presents Project Charters to the President Councils.
- Forms, facilitates and leads complex, multi-departmental and/or multi-institutional Supply Chain initiatives. Successfully involves NMHC leadership, hospital leadership and other campus partners to build consensus on strategic initiatives.
- Leads projects and all associated activities including charter definition, resource allocation, and information distribution.
- Demonstrates the ability to “get things done” while translating customer goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans.
- Recommends solutions that add value, strengthen project or operational outcomes, and exhibits an understanding of Customer needs.
- Evaluate complex situations and project risks accurately to identify viable solutions that create successful project outcomes for the customer.
- Provide proactive, clear, concise and timely communications regarding status of all initiatives and overall performance reporting among team members, NM Executives and vendor partners.
- Utilize and apply an understanding of budgeting, project management and resource management to assigned projects.
- Develop educational, coaching and mentoring programs necessary to support the evolution as an execution-centered organization.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Apply strong facilitation and negotiation skills to lead project meetings and achieve project results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Cumulative of 8 years leadership and/or project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience with large complex projects that have diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs