Director, Emergency Management & Business Continuity, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 74363 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Director, Emergency Management & Business Continuity reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Has authority over all NMHC emergency management and business continuity programs.
- Plans, directs and manages the effective operation of the EM & BC programs at all NMHC business units.
- Collaborates with established emergency management and business continuity leadership and staff at all sites
- Drives system wide alignment and improvement in emergency management and business continuity.
- Implements best practices to eliminate or minimize identified threats/risk to operations within the system
- Coordinates, leads and directs the EM & BC functions across all sites in consultation and collaboration with the system Senior VP, Administration, system VP for Security and Emergency Management and locally designated VP/CMO/CNEs, Build strong interdisciplinary partnerships within each facility to support and assist in providing a safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors at all NM healthcare sites in preparation for and response to internal and external emergency events
- Provides support to business unit leadership during emergency events
- Serves as system expert on best practices, national and local trends and issues
- Assures compliance with Medicare Emergency Management Conditions of Participation, IL licensure requirements, Joint Commission standards, and all other accreditation/licensure/regulatory requirements across the system
- Directs and supports the professional development of the EM & BC staff to achieve certification in emergency management and/or business continuity
- Provides strategic leadership and operational implementation of NMHC EM & BC program, including:
- Collaborates with business units to conduct the annual review of their respective emergency management programs and emergency operations plans and annexes and revise as needed.
- Assists business units with development and implementation of annual emergency management and business continuity goals.
- Collaborates with system and business unit leaders on the design, conduct and after action reviews of workshops, drills, and exercises. Oversee development of and completion of improvement plans based upon after action findings.
- Ensures effectiveness of emergency communications systems and supporting technology
- Ensures effectiveness of internal emergency management and business continuity education programs
- Assures timely and comprehensive emergency management and business continuity policy and procedure reviews
- Performs on site assessment of the emergency management and business continuity programs and provide reports with recommendations for improvement
- Provides consultation as requested from other system partners
- Contributes to Northwestern Memorial HealthCare goals and initiatives through collaboration with clinical providers and support staff across NMHC
- Five years of recent progressive leadership and management experience in a healthcare organization
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Emergency Management
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare-related field or emergency management
- Leadership skills
- Decision making skills
- High level of energy and enthusiasm and ability to energize others
- Facilitation/presentation skills
- Proven ability to execute
- Proven analytical skills including quantitative/epidemiology skills
- Relevant software competencies (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Flexible/adaptable ability to work with diverse group of healthcare professionals in a matrix environment
- Effective problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant Master's degree such as MS/MBA/MHA/MPH or enrolled in relevant master's program or significant work experience in a leadership role demonstrating equivalent mastery
- 5+ years management experience in the field of healthcare emergency management
- Experience in an academic medical center in a leadership role
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs