Diagnostic Med Physicist III-Radiation Safety, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 3773 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Diagnostic Medical Physicist III reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Diagnostic Medical Physicist III collaborates and assists the Diagnostic Medical Physicist V in administrative aspects related to management of the medical physics section, ensuring that the staff and infrastructure of the physics section supports the clinical needs of the departments.
- Regulatory and Accreditation Requirements:
- As a member of the Medical Physics team, the Diagnostic Medical Physicist III is expected to maintain expertise in regulatory and accreditation requirements (e.g. state, federal, TJC, ACR) that pertain to Diagnostic Imaging
- Physics Equipment Testing:
- The medical physics section is responsible for ensuring all physics testing in Radiography, Mammography,Fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, and Nuclear Medicine are completed and meet all State, Federal, and accreditation requirements.
- There will be opportunity for a Diagnostic Medical Physicist III to specialize within a particular advanced modality (CT, MRI, FGI, Nuclear Medicine), however, each medical physicist will be expected to maintain competency in multiple imagining modalities.
- Optimization of Techniques/Clinical Applications:
- The Diagnostic Medical Physicist III will assure equipment is optimally used and will work with technologists and radiologists to review and develop clinical and research protocols.
- Diagnostic Medical Physicist III will provide in-service technologist and attending physician training as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Site planning in the form of shielding design and shielding integrity verification.
- Patient dose tracking and estimates (fetal, skin, effective dose) and risk evaluations.
- Medical Physics education for Radiology residents, clinical staff, and students.
- Involvement in the hospital Radiation Safety Committee.
- Involvement in hospital committees that pertain to the management and use of medical imaging.
- Mentorship and supervision of level I and II medical physicists in advanced or all imaging modality survey
- Working Conditions:
- The Medical Physics group is responsible for overseeing the completion of medical physics services for the Northwestern Medicine network. This involves traveling to NM imaging centers and hospitals in the suburbs.
- Diagnostic Medical Physicist III has a primary reporting location of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, but all medical physicists will also be expected to travel to off-sites to support medical physics services. Mileage expenses is reimbursed.
- Minimum of a Master of Science degree in Medical Physics
- Board Certified by American Board of Radiology (ABR) in Diagnostic Medical Physics or in previous medical physics certification categories
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Diagnostic Imaging Specialist with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- At least 3 years of experience with Diagnostic Medical Physics
- Completion of CAMPEP accredited Medical Physics residency program
- MQSA qualified
- Experience and proven ability in patient dose estimation and risk evaluation
- Experience and proven ability in medical physics education to Radiology residents and/or medical physics graduate students
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs