Data Warehouse Developer - Full-timeChicago, Illinois Job REQID 5471 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Data Warehouse Developer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for delivering data warehouse and business intelligence solutions by building data models, writing ETL processes and administering systems to facilitate business intelligence tools. This individual works closely with end users and IT development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards. The Data Warehouse Developer must have experience in data modeling and database design.
- Interviews end-users to understand information needs and develops conceptual and logical data models to support building of the data warehouse and delivery of business intelligence solutions.
- Assists with ETL design and development including data analysis, source-target mapping, quality profiling, change data capture, program performance.
- Assists with the design and development of information delivery components including dashboards, reports, and OLAP cubes.
- Documents all programming changes and design, system modifications and their associated maintenance to all required applications.
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support business intelligence applications.
- Supports or leads installation and integration of software applications.
- Provides ongoing support and maintenance for programming systems as needed.
- Works with end-users to ensure business intelligence solutions meet expectations and provide training and support.
- Communicates effectively with end users, at all levels of the organization.
- Supports system installations and integration; interacts effectively with vendors and other technical specialists.
- Collaborates with Business Intelligence members, technical services, Help Desk and other IS/Analytics team members to implement systems solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and development in the field. Actively explores emerging technologies.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- 3-7 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Business.
- Experience in business intelligence development across a variety of applications (OLTP, OLAP and DSS).
- Experience developing, designing and supporting applications and relational databases.
- Experience with report writing and data visualization tools such as: Tableau, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, SSRS, etc.
- Experience in all areas of software development including analysis, design, development and support with particular emphasis on structured programming.
- Knowledge of web services and tools in a Windows environment.
- Strong relational database skills including advanced SQL knowledge and the ability to create complex queries and stored procedures.
- Understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence design principles and industry practices including relational and dimensional modeling, OLAP, ETL methods and data visualization.
- Working knowledge of SqlServer DBMS, SSIS, SSAS and XML data sources.
- Experience developing data warehouses in a Healthcare environment
- Experience working with a variety of data warehousing models and design fundamentals (i.e. Kimball, Inman)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Med/Surg Intensive Care Unit, Full-time, Nights **$2K Sign On Bonus** Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs