Data Engineer - Analytics, Full time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 66372 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
The Data Engineerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Working in Analytics at Northwestern Medicine, we help our clinical and administrative leadership through the development of thoughtful, highly engaging analytics products that will impact the clinical and financial areas of our health system. We do this by engaging with our customers to understand opportunities for improvement and then applying the right analytic solution to drive that improvement. Our health system looks to us to be thought-leaders in Analytics, which requires us to be analytical problem solvers by nature. We also strive to develop a deep understanding and empathy for our internal customers and communicate the value and purpose to stakeholders. Through tenacity and resilience, we will strive through ambiguity, drive impactful projects, and overcome challenges.
Northwestern Medicine is looking for a data driven, business-minded, results-oriented Data Engineer to join our team. The Data Engineer uncovers insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be charged with understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to realize the value of NM’s data assets.
- The Data Engineer is responsible for delivering data warehouse and analytic solutions by ingesting, integrating, and curating data, building analytical solutions, and administering systems to deliver information to the health system.
- Serves as a functional and content expert of the data warehouse to synthesize raw data into actionable information to be used in analytical solutions.
- Applies knowledge of relational database skills including advanced SQL knowledge and the ability to create complex queries and stored procedures.
- Collaborates with the Architecture team in the design and execution of solutions.
- Ensures that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards.
- Provide facilitation, analysis, design, and execution of architecture solutions and ensure solutions are leveraged. Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the solution.
- Define key solutions and ensure they are managed for consumption by users and across teams. Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives to address specific business needs and product/service strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and development in the field. Actively explores emerging technologies.
- Independently work with business users to gather and scope requirements and recommend analytical solutions to meet business needs.
- Assists with ETL design and development including data analysis, source-target mapping, quality profiling, change data capture, code performance.
- Evaluate data quality and interpret results in a clear, concise manner.
- Document all programming changes and design, system modifications and their associated maintenance.
- Own analytics projects and be accountable for collaborating with the business to gather requirements, execute to provide analytical solutions, which exceed customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively with and support multi-departments efforts and projects.
- Mentor staff by sharing skills, experience, knowledge, and expertise on analytic tools and solutions.
- Serve as subject matter expert within the department.
- Provide training and support through the organization on the use of analytics tools.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Five or more years of experience in a role querying, analyzing data, and/or data modeling/architecture
- Experience working with a variety of data warehousing models and design fundamentals (e.g. Inmom Kimball)
- Experience with developing and maintaining ETL / data pipeline (e.g. Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
- Experience with OLAP or Tabular cube software
- Experience using SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and reporting
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of relational database skills including advanced SQL knowledge and the ability to create complex queries and stored procedures
- Experience with report writing and data visualization tools such as: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports, SSRS, etc.
- Experience developing, designing and supporting applications and relational databases
- Experience using a software package for statistical analysis (R, Python, etc)
- Previous experience working with Epic Clarity data
- Previous healthcare experience, ideally with a health system
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs