Customer Service Representative HIM ROI, Full Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 92224 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The HIM Release of Information Customer Service Rep reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The HIM Release of Information Customer Service Repparticipates in a team effort to retrieve and maintain medical records on demand, safeguards and protects patients rights to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patients information, and maintains consistent production and workflows for various functional areas within the HIM department at NM. This position contributes to all respective area work queues; ensures accuracy in providing customers with the highest quality customer service; and revieRews authorizations for legitimacy, authenticity, and completeness prior to releasing information to the requestor. This position is a direct representation of the Release of Information department, as well as the in-person representation of NMs Patients First Mission.
- Interacts with NMHC physicians, clinicians, support staff, patients, and third parties to identify medical records needed for patient care, review, billing, or other valid purposes;
- Competently accesses and utilizes all electronic health record systems necessary to process requests;
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Illinois state statutes, HIPAA privacy rules, release of information procedures, and uses keen judgment in releasing PHI to requestors;
- Accurately enters all requests to be logged into appropriate tracking systems timely;
- Participates in the implementation of department-specific and performance improvement projects, and actively contributes to overall department goals;
- Maintains a productive and quality daily workflow based on annual goal/performance plan, appropriately prioritizes requests, and recognizes potential barriers affecting productivity;
- Escalates potential barriers related to work activity to Operations Coordinators with critically thought-out solutions prepared in advance;
- Responds to release of information requestors in a prompt, conscientious, respectful, and professional manner;
- Consistently monitors all assigned communication methods daily (i.e.: emails, voicemails, Skype, and MS teams meetings);
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Addendum 1 – Call Center
- Fulfills daily call center interactions.
- Able to complete all call center, processing, and imaging procedures and workflows.
- Completes and responds to release of information requests needed for patients and continuity of care purposes.
- Provides back-up to the HIM ROI Patient Facing or HIM ROI Imaging representatives (when needed).
- Recognizes that this position is a direct representation of the Release of Information department, as well as the verbal representation of NM’s Patient’s First mission.
Addendum 2 – Patient Facing
- Fulfills daily walk-in interactions;
- Able to complete all call center, processing, and imaging procedures and workflows;
- Completes and responds to release of information requests needed for patients, continuity of care purposes, PFS workqueue requests, records requests needed for various surveys (TJC, IDPH, CMS, etc.), records requests needed for Quality departments/CMS, APORS, Executive Health requests, other various audits, and other various NM internal departments as assigned;
- Able to navigate various electronic medical record (EMR) databases;
- Provides back-up to the HIM ROI Call Center representatives (first), or to the HIM ROI Imaging representatives (secondary);
- Recognizes that this position is a direct representation of the Release of Information department, as well as the in-person representation of NM’s Patient’s First mission.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with release of information within HIM, or 4 years of experience in a healthcare customer service role
- Competent use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and has excellent oral and written communication skills
- RHIA/RHIT credentialed
- Previous experience with Epic
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More