Contract Analyst - Pharmacy Procurement, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 31148 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Contract Analystreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Acts in a lead role on behalf of the NMHC Contracting Services department to assist in reviewing contracts for the procurement of medical-surgical supplies, pharmaceutical supplies and capital equipment to manage terms around freight charges and contract pricing.
- Consistently meets established departmental KPI’s in support of efficient and effective procurement transactions.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of healthcare supply chain management and procurement practices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of PeopleSoft Procurement Contracts and Tract Manager Meditract.
- Reviews contracts and pricing agreements to determine whether freight charges are permitted.
- Establish program to ensure that only those suppliers that are permitted to pass-through freight charges are using the freight program.
- Audit freight invoices and verify contract compliance.
- Audit historic supplier spend and identify opportunities for freight charge recovery.
- Aids in the onboarding of suppliers to the freight program.
- Reviews budgeted expense for freight and identifies variance issues.
- Responds to questions placed by internal customers within the same day and no later than 1 business day of request.
- Maintains good communication with Accounts Payable in resolving errors caused by freight charges and contract pricing discrepancies.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contribution of others.
- Presents a friendly, approachable and professional demeanor.
- Directs new vendor requestors to the vendor portal for information and registration.
- Provides feedback to Vendor Team regarding updates of current vendors.
- Can communicate and educate end users regarding procurement policies, procedures and processes.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently and effectively.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to streamline and standardize work processes.
- Consistently follows standard work protocols and documents ordering process with associated onboarding/training manual.
- Represents the department on various work groups or committees as assigned and implements committee decisions as required.
- Actively engages in department meetings by contributing and sharing observations and perspectives.
- Monitors self in relation to meeting established department KPI’s and can communicate accomplishments and opportunities for improvement utilizing the mid-year and annual performance appraisal tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Healthcare, or Pre-Law.
- Three years of relevant experience in a consulting firm, healthcare organization, or contracting department analyzing a substantial contract portfolio. Thorough understanding of business contracting principles.
- Supply Chain Management experience with an emphasis in contracting and purchasing.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate to a diverse audience ranging from senior executives, physicians, legal counsel, department managers, and all levels of supplier management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize according to deadlines and the flexibility to manage multiple objectives. Demonstrated ability to work independently towards a deadline.
- Consistent level of output with focus on detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in utilization of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs