Consultant - Value Based Programs, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 34785 Job Function Quality/Business Development/Process Improvement Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Value Based Program Consultant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in manipulating clinical and financial datasets and models in tools such as Excel, including use of Pivot Tables.
- Performs data analyses to identify program/contractual opportunities and trends.
- Supports the development of program-related data models in partnership with internal or vendor analytics collaborators as needed.
- Routinely monitors and reports on trends, and develop special reports as needed to further demonstrate drivers of trends that help inform mitigation strategies.
- Manages relationships with external vendor partners and is expected to become a product or program subject matter expert.
- Provide project support by ensuring project tasks are completed on-time, identifying next steps, communicating timely updates regarding project status, and proactively identifying potential risks and proposing solutions.
- Supports day-to-day implementation of programmatic/contractual tasks and objectives.
- Maintains strong understanding of relevant program/contract design and/or governmental policy implications within portfolio.
- Provides performance updates for initiatives and executive oversight.
- Analyzes and communicates key issues/trends and reports findings and recommendations to management.
- Supports the development of executive level presentations that are related to initiatives.
- Supports the team in assessing and administering payer contracts, provider network contracts for specific products and/or program participation agreements, including initial contracts, modifications and renewals.
- Helps to ensure organizational compliance with contracts.
- Responsive to needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates well with others and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Helps develop skills of new team members.
- Desires to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and has ability to self-manage multiple projects and work streams.
- Develops and maintains relationships between other key system function partners, including Contract and Payor Relations, Analytics, Finance, NMPN, and Quality, and Strategy.
- Works collaboratively with and supports multi-departmental efforts and projects.
- Performs other activities as requested and prioritized by the Managers and Directors.
- Demonstrates flexibility and organization while maintaining high levels of performance.
- Adheres to strict guidelines for handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral, ethical behavior.
- Consultant may be required to travel locally to other NMHC hospitals and facilities located in suburban Chicago, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Economics, Communications or related field.
- 2-4 years of project-based experience in a professional field such as healthcare, insurance, finance, strategy or business development.
- Foundational knowledge of healthcare financing, including reimbursement and emerging alternative payment models.
- Strong passion for learning.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project Clear, well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills, including familiarity with payer claims datasets.
- Advanced degree in health management/policy or related field (i.e. MBA or MHA) preferred; required in place of work experience.
- Previous work experience for a payer, provider organization or consulting firm with relevant portfolio responsibility in healthcare finance and reimbursement.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- New Grad RN - Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital DeKalb, Illinois
- Pharmacy Practice Coordinator - Drug Information, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeper - Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, Days, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Transporter, CDH, Full-time, Rotating Shifts, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs