Community Support Specialist - Regional - Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 23642 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Community Support Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Community Support Specialist will work closely with managers, and directors for assigned areas. This will include the development of work plans, metrics and resources to achieve the strategic goals and objectives on the assigned activities. Assigned activities may include work related to the Community Health Needs Assessment, the Community Health Improvement Plan and/or other Northwestern Medicine programs that may align with the External and Community Affairs Division.
- This position requires planning and implementation for community and outreach activities including the coordination of internal and external resources, overseeing volunteer recruitment, identifying event spaces, assuring that programs are on time and on budget.
- This position serves as a liaison and representative of Northwestern Medicine at community events or meetings and helps establish and maintain partnerships to promote a culture of wellness in the communities that NM serves.
- Additionally, this position serves as intermediary between Northwestern Medicine and local, regional and state associations (American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, March of Dimes, etc.).
- Provides support to health and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Maintains internal reporting tool to track hospital departments’ community benefit activities.
- Assist in the collection of community wellness program outcomes, evaluations and reports for existing and new programs.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and community health/engagement.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization. Ability to represent the organization at community events; strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Available to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Strong knowledge of high hardship/underserved communities in hospital service area.
- Ability to serve as a key liaison between Northwestern Medicine and community based organizations, agencies and neighborhoods.
- Experience with supporting community based partnerships to ensure effectiveness and impact of programming.
- Ability to travel within hospital service area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs