Event Specialist , Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 13402 Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Event Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Event Specialist will assist the special events team with all aspects of event planning and execution.
- Support the development of and understand the requirements for necessary each event
- Creation of a plan for each event assigned to with attention to financial and time constraints
- Manage to event plans ensuring aspects required are completed and finalized by the expected date, including, but not limited to,
- Assisting with and sometimes leading the research, negotiation and the securing of necessary vendors and event space
- Developing of seating charts, briefings, itineraries, gift bags, etc.
- Performing menu selection
- Preparing and reviewing of event collateral
- Procuring of promotion items
- Creating, distributing and managing invitations and RSVPs
- Perform final checks and walk throughs on the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology)
- Act as the onsite lead and contact for the event, representing the special events team
- Aid post event dismantling
- Support post event survey distribution and team assessment
- Complete post event reconciliation of invoices and payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, and project management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of print production. Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and academic medical centers.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs