Communications Specialist-Consumer, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 9598 Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Communications Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting their Manager and other Communications team members in the execution of communications plans for assigned focus areas. This role is an activation expert and understands how the elements of a communications plan work together for maximum impact. Communications Specialists are also expected to have flawless execution of their plans in coordination with other team members. This individual works collaboratively with internal stakeholders in their assigned focus area.
- Supports his/her Manager or Program Director in activating communications campaigns.
- Contributes to planning, execution and delivery of tactics necessary to launch comprehensive communications campaigns
- Acts as the team’s content developer.
- Authors and edits articles, letters, emails, and other communications, and oversees design elements
- Provides ad hoc writing support to team members/clients
- Utilizes excellent project management capabilities.
- Creates timelines for each tactic in the plan and manages them to ensure delivery
- Proofs all materials and obtains appropriate approvals (management, legal/risk, other)
- Utilizes project management software to manage programs
- Monitors the effectiveness of communications tactics through analytics and other measurement
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, and project management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of print production. Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and academic medical centers.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs