Coding Educator - Physician Coding Education, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 36884 Job Function Health Information Management Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The PB Coding Educator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Coding Educator conducts company-wide coding and documentation training programs for groups and individuals (physicians, coding specialists, and other staff).
- Develops curriculum and materials for documentation training programs.
- Assesses coder comprehension.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews.
- Reviews, researches, and responds to coding questions.
- Resolves coding questions from patient inquiries or denied services from insurance companies.
- Performs focused quality assurance reviews on coded services.
- Communicates updates on coding or documentation issues.
- Organizes and participates in monthly meetings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification.
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in a relevant role.
- 94% accuracy on organizations coding test.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in a Health Information Management program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- Previous experience with physician coding.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Physician - South Suburbs (Orland Park) Orland Park, Illinois
- Endoscopy Tech- Full Time, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Part Time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Casual, Rotating Shifts Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs