Cloud Security Analyst - IT Security and Compliance, Full-time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 86599 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
Northwestern Medicine Information Services drives innovative, high-value solutions to transform health care.
We are committed to supporting the relentless pursuit of better medicine by providing exceptional service to our patients and guests as well as internal clients across the organization. To ensure excellence, our team goes to extraordinary lengths to ensure that our systems work together seamlessly.
Northwestern Medicine understands that technology plays an integral role in shaping the future of health care. Information Services strategically supports the organization by:
- Leveraging AI, automation and rollout of advanced cyber controls that support digital transformation strategies
- Implementing advanced technologies in clinical and administrative areas
- Furthering development of the end user support model to help enhance modern infrastructure
Are you interested in an IT career that makes an impact? Join a diverse team that delivers next-generation, innovative solutions that benefit our patients, the workforce and the communities we serve. View the Information Services page to learn more about what our department offers.
The Cloud Security Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Cloud Security Analyst is responsible for providing security for cloud-based digital platforms and plays an integral role in protecting NMHC's data. The security analyst will be extensively involved with security event monitoring, evaluating and reporting on information security that supports risk posture. Responsibilities also include investigate, create, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of cloud-based environments.
- Cloud Security Skills:
- Threat and Vulnerability Management - Continuously acquire, assess, and take action on new information in order to identify vulnerabilities, remediate, and minimize the window of opportunity for attackers throughout our cloud service
- Malware protection - Prevent, detect and respond to the installation, spread, and execution of malicious code at multiple points in the enterprise, while optimizing the use of automation to enable rapid updating of defense, data gathering, and corrective action
- System hardening - Establish, implement, and actively manage (track, report on, correct) the security configuration cloud resources using a rigorous configuration management and change control process in order to prevent attackers from exploiting vulnerable services and settings
- Data protection - Define and manage processes and tools used to prevent data exfiltration, mitigate the effects of exfiltrated data, and ensure the privacy and integrity of sensitive information (DLP, GASB…)
- Log management/Security Analysis - Collect, manage, and analyze audit logs of events that could help detect, understand, or recover from an attack
- Incident Response - Protect the organization's information, as well as its reputation, by developing and implementing an incident response infrastructure (e.g., plans, defined roles, training, communications, management oversight) for quickly discovering an attack and then effectively containing the damage, eradicating the attacker's presence, and restoring the integrity of the network and systems
- Penetration Tests and Red Team – coordinate testing the overall strength of an organization's defense (the technology, the processes, and the people) by simulating the objectives and actions of an attacker
- General Technical Skills:
- Maintains solid technical competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides technical support for computing systems security
- Strong operations experience focused on public cloud security
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT security policies and controls
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure security and networking, governance, maintaining compliance, creating security policies and blueprints, security in layers concepts, key vaults, intrusion protection, risk mitigation and automated security remediation (SecOps)
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans
- Establishes and enforces standards and procedures in accordance with NMHC’s security policies
- Provides technical leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards
- Customer Service:
- Develops reports, monitoring dashboards, workflows, and metrics within cloud and hybrid environments
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers
- Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure
- Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.)
- Works effectively in supporting the Information Service team with project and support activities
- Actively participates and communications with the project teams
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers
- Additional Functions
- Providing on-call support is required.
- 3+ years technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More