Cloud Engineer - Full time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 6572 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Cloud Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, integration and delivery of our cloud solution and applications. This position automates deployments fully integrating into the NMHC information technology environment. This position also monitors, analyzes, upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate capacity and availability to meet the user needs while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- General Technical Skills:
- Maintains solid technical competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides technical leadership and support for computing systems and systems integration.
- Conducts, analyzes, recommends and presents performance and/or capacity analysis to assure systems reliability for current and/or future use.
- Strong operations experience focused on automated deployments of public cloud endpoints and knowledge of integration points, dependencies and the order in which these must be executed
- Responsible for configuration management, integration and application authoring
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT server/distributed systems.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and solution, including vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC server/distributed system IT environment.
- Customer Service:
- Develops reports, monitoring dashboards, workflows, and metrics within cloud and hybrid environments
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the application teams with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communications with the project teams.
- Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communication Skills:
- Utilize ServiceNow ITOM, Orchestrator, Cloud Management, Cost Management, Change Management, Asset Management, creating workflows and authorization workflows, CMDB to accurately communicate cloud capabilities.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure security and networking, governance, maintaining compliance, creating security policies and blueprints, security in layers concepts, key vaults, intrusion protection, risk mitigation and automated security remediation (SecOps)
- Determines strategy and supports system-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Reviews technology projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides technical leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct technology activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies and procedures for local area networks.
- Participates in long and short range technology planning.
- Personal and Staff Development:
- Leads on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMHC.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for others on the immediate team, as well as members of the application teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Additional Functions:
- Providing on-call support is required
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs