Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator - Clinical Research Unit, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 15344 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who demonstrates exemplary clinical research knowledge, has strong communication skills and is responsible for serving as a liaison between Northwestern University (NU) clinical research investigator teams (e.g., investigator initiated trials, sponsor trials) and Northwestern Memorial Hospital; a joint collaboration between Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the NU Feinberg School of Medicine.
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (CRNC) works collaboratively with the inter-professional team and peers to ensure appropriate implementation and conduct of clinical research studies in NMH throughout the lifecycle of a protocol. The CRNC adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics. The CRNC utilizes the NIH Clinical Research Nurse Domain of Practice and Model of Care. The CRNC reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Leads the coordination and support to Principal Investigator(s).
- Reviews research studies in pre-submission phase for feasibility of protocol implementation.
- Guides the review, revision, and maintenance of protocols. Assures established protocols meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance to clinical research nurses on projects related to new research study submissions, utilization reviews, wording/phrasing of medical orders, protocols and workflows.
- Develops and maintains clinical nursing research policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines.
- Reviews and trends research-related deviations and workflow events, reports findings to the Manager and Inter-professional Quality Committee, and recommends action to ensure compliance.
- Supports the development of projects created in response to research-related problems and events as identified and reported by staff and research study team members (e.g., events, deviations, corrective and preventative actions).
- Collaborates with Clinical Coordinators, Education Coordinators, and peer CRNCs to orient and train new staff to clinical research.
- Collaborates with Clinical Coordinators, Education Coordinators, and peer CRNCs to identify training needed for clinical research nurses about unfamiliar practices, procedures and medications to ensure patient/subject safety and compliance with protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Escalates research-related concerns to the appropriate leader or committee.
- Serves as a mentor and role model for communication and collaboration with investigator teams and clinical and technical research practices.
- Supports the clinical research nursing staff during adverse events, emergencies, and difficult clinical situations.
- Provides clinical nursing support to both inpatient and/or outpatient teams as needed as a cross trained resource.
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as assigned.
- Remains clinically proficient within area of expertise.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse State of Illinois Professional Nurse.
- Experience in clinical trials
- Certification in area of clinical specialty.
- BSN with a minimum of two years related clinical experience.
- CPR-BLS Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- ACLS Certification in clinical areas where required
- Society of Clinical Research Associates' (SOCRA) or Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) Certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs