Clinical Program Mgr, BCVI - Full-Time,DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 58754 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Program Manager, BCVI reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provide management and oversight of existing and newly created cardiovascular clinical programs including developing the business case for new programs and directly managing clinical and/or non-clinical staff hired into these programs to include advanced practice providers, nurse clinicians and other non-clinical support staff.
- Cardiovascular clinical programs to include but are not limited to:
- Cardiac Surgery pre-op consultation and OR management
- Cardiac Surgery post-op management
- Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplant program
- Other niche programs i.e. bicuspid aortic valve program, atrial fibrillation program, TAVR, Acute MCS/ECMO.
- Direct responsibilities to include:
- Working closely with Resources Coordinator, team leads, within each group to directly manage APP, RN and non-clinical staff in each program.
- Responsible for daily operations within each team, payroll, hiring, direct supervision, professional development and performance monitoring of all direct reports.
- In close collaboration with the Director, Professional Practice and Development for APPs, develop and monitor plans for professional development of all APP direct reports.
- Ensure workflows result in seamless coordination of care across the BCVI spectrum including pre-op/pre-procedure testing and work up, outpatient appointments, inpatient management, follow up and successful transition back to home.
- Ensure quality oversight of programs and patient satisfaction of programs.
- Coordinate research efforts related to programs.
- Coordinating the onboarding process of newly hired advanced practice providers, nurses and other ancillary staff within BCVI programs where there is not a direct reporting relationship.
- Identifies and pursues business activities which achieve best patient experience and best people goals, enhance reputation, market and clinical leadership, improve financial performance, and enhance capability in cardiovascular disease.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans aimed at continued BCVI growth with favorable outcomes.
- Analyzes potential, risk/reward, resource requirements, and financial benefit to proposed BCVI initiatives through complex analysis and research of market, financial and internal factors.
- Develops, implements and manages internal measurement and monitoring systems that demonstrate the effectiveness of business initiatives in enhancing patient care, access, volumes, market share, financial performance, and program reputation within the assigned cardiovascular areas.
- Works with multiple departments i.e. Business Development, Professional Services, CV inpatient units, Surgical Service, and key leadership across organizations to develop processes, internal statistics, market data, and financial performance data as needed to evaluate existing programs for their fit with corporate mission, to advance and achieve BCVI goals, ability to meet key strategic criteria, and potential for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the BCVI outcomes management program and operational managers to systematize the monitoring and management of BCVI programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Communications or related field.
- Current IL license as a Registered Nurse, Advanced Practice Nurse, or Physician Assistant.
- If APN: certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse by a national certifying body
- If PA: Masters degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Five to eight years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills, excellent oral and communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Master's degree in MBA or MHA preferred; required in place of work experience.
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs