Clinical Infusion Nurse Liaison - Chicago, 24 Hours/Week, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 1720 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Infusion Nurse Liaisonreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, hospital staff, physicians, community resources, home care agencies, and the Home Infusion Pharmacy at our downtown NMHC location.
- Establishes cooperative relationships with referral partners.
- Provides consultation and education to patients and their caregivers as well as increases hospital and community awareness of home infusion services.
- Maintains ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Performs patient visits to support and facilitate discharge planning to meet the needs of the home infusion pharmacy and Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH).
- Provides clinical nursing assessments and consultation to help determine appropriateness for home infusion services.
- Actively communicates with care coordination team about home infusion appropriateness.
- Maintains ongoing communication with physicians to navigate insurance requirements and barriers to home infusion starts of care.
- Performs bedside education (e.g., antimicrobials, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), inotropes, patient controlled analgesia (PCA), and central line flushing, to name a few) to patients and their caregivers prior to hospital discharge.
- Completes as needed bedside demonstration of equipment such as ambulatory infusion pumps, elastomeric infusion devices, and line maintenance supplies, to name a few.
- Actively communicates insurance coverage with patient and caregiver such as co-pays, co-insurances, out-of-pocket expenses.
- Documents patient care encounters in the electronic medical record
- Monitors and responds to electronic referrals sent by care coordinators of the hospital in a timely manner
- Provides education to physician and nursing teams about select topics pertinent to home infusion, as needed
- Performs bedside hook-up of infusion equipment and medication.
- Coordinates delivery with patient or family member and communicates delivery plans to care coordinators and pharmacy prior to hospital discharge.
- Other activities as indicated and assigned
- Active IL RN license
- 2-3 years of nursing experience in health care
- Skilled and passionate in the provision of bedside education.
- Team-oriented but able to work autonomously. Relationship builder. High integrity. Focused on excellence. Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Effective time manager. Creative problem solving. Ability to multi-task.
- 2-3 minimum years of experience in home infusion and/or home health
- Proficient in Epic, Allscripts/CarePort, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Understands the basics of home infusion reimbursement and insurances.
- Exceptional knowledge in infusion nursing.
- Discharge planning experience.
- 302109 Registered Nurse BSN (Template) Lake Forest, Illinois
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics - Naperville, IL Naperville, Illinois
- Ultrasonographer - Imaging, Casual, Rotating Glenview, Illinois
- Certified Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular Surgery, Full Time, Days -$6000 BONUS McHenry, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs