Clinical Counselor - Center for Sexual Health, Part-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 15994 Job Function General Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Counselor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is a licensed, masters’ prepared counselor/therapist who is responsible for providing diagnostic assessments and treatment for individuals. The Clinical Counselor will be a core member of the patient’s collaborative care team, including the patient’s medical provider, psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger primary care and/or medical team.
- This position will be responsible for completing biopsychosocial assessment as appropriate to setting in order to guide treatment planning.
- Conducting individual and couples counseling specific to the program scope of care, and as indicated by the assessed needs of the patients.
- Participating with members of the treatment team, the NMH network of programs, and community systems to plan and implement treatment.
- Supervising graduate counseling/social work student(s).
- Documenting timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record per documentation standards.
- Collaborating with other departments/programs and external resources as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Counseling or Social Work
- Minimum of two years post-graduate experience conducting psychotherapy with individuals
- A high level of interpersonal skills to affect positive outcomes.
- Self-direction required for daily work.
- 5 – 7 years of clinical experience conducting psychotherapy specific to the role
- Licensure in Illinois.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Counseling or Social Work
- 10+ years of clinical experience conducting psychotherapy specific to the role
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs