Clinical Coordinator-Interventional Radiology Full-time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 91894 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $36.50 + per hour.
The Clinical Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is an experienced Registered Nurse, who, in addition to providing direct patient care, is accountable for facilitating an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization, and problem solving on a given shift.
- Facilitates unit operations on a shift basis according to policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates unit based staffing assignments on a shift basis to achieve high quality and cost effective care.
- Directs patient care provided by staff nurses and support personnel for a specific shift.
- Champions new initiatives and helps in unit/departmental or hospital wide committees/task forces.
- Communicates directly with patients and significant others about nursing care.
- Implements appropriate action plans to provide safe, quality, and efficient care.
- Assures safety and security of patients, significant others, and staff.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Demonstrates clinical competence.
- Performs ongoing assessment of assigned patients and their significant others’ biopsychosocial and learning needs.
- Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and their significant others.
- Monitors and documents the patient’s response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes.
- Demonstrates patient first and cost effective approach to patient care in terms of equipment, staff, supplies and all other resources.
- Assures that quality improvement activities are completed for the assigned shift.
- Assesses and intervenes in critical situations involving patients, staff, and visitors and consults with manager or administrator for guidance as needed.
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner, and presentation.
- Is an advocate for patients and their significant others, coworkers, the community, and the nursing profession.
- Consistently demonstrates accountability.
- Consistently demonstrates compassion to internal and external customers.
- Dynamic representative of the nursing profession in internal and external forums.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge base and clinical expertise in decision making.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting regulatory and other mandatory requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for personal development plan and education/certification related to clinical specialty area.
- Acts in accordance with organizational culture; understands how own work team affects others in the organization and knows when to escalate an issue, problem, or decision.
- Ensures that the environment is clean, attractive, safe and free from hazards for patients, staff and visitors in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes patterns of daily activities and recommends operational/program changes as needed.
- Anticipates staffing needs for subsequent shifts and makes necessary arrangements for coverage.
- Assumes responsibility for efficient and effective use of time and effort of all staff.
- Facilitates effective interdepartmental communication of incidents with appropriate personnel (manager, administrator, medical staff, etc.).
- Promotes philosophy and annual implementation plan objectives of Northwestern Medicine.
- Provides a milieu conducive to communication and cooperation among patients, staff and visitors.
- Identifies and communicates key issues and trends to managers and makes recommendations for improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Provides input to manager on budgetary issues, particularly staffing and cost containment strategies.
- Establishes relationships across departments to optimize patient care.
- Assesses and communicates staff development needs to manager.
- Orients staff to Clinical Coordinator and Charge role.
- Serves as a resource for staff.
- Contributes to unit orientation.
- Assures that research activities are completed for an assigned shift.
- Participates in nursing research activities.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current BLS certification.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent experience as approved by the Patient Care Director (Minimum two years clinical experience in area of clinical specialty).
- Specialty certification in the clinical area of focus.
- Additional clinical experience in another clinical area.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More