Clinical Coordinator - GI Surgical Oncology Unit, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 8879 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is an experienced Registered Nurse, who, in addition to providing direct patient care, is accountable for facilitating an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization, and problem solving on a given shift.
- Facilitates unit operations on a shift basis according to policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates unit based staffing assignments on a shift basis to achieve high quality and cost effective care.
- Directs patient care provided by staff nurses and support personnel for a specific shift.
- Champions new initiatives and helps in unit/departmental or hospital wide committees/task forces.
- Communicates directly with patients and significant others about nursing care.
- Implements appropriate action plans to provide safe, quality, and efficient care.
- Assures safety and security of patients, significant others, and staff.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current BLS certification.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent experience as approved by the Patient Care Director (Minimum two years clinical experience in area of clinical specialty).
- Specialty certification in the clinical area of focus.
- Additional clinical experience in another clinical area.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs