Client Phlebotomy Supervisor - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (BS)Chicago, Illinois Job REQID 3544 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
***This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.***
The Client Phlebotomy Supervisor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards.
- Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care.
- Identifies need for patient medical assistance and call code as appropriate.
- Reviews/Records refrigerator temperature(s) and QC/QA records. Areas of concern are recorded through the Corrective Action Log and reported to maintenance for repair. Findings are reported to supervisor or manager.
- Use manual requisitions and labels specimens appropriately.
- Label and process specimens according to establishes protocols and policies.
- Must effectively procure blood specimens from infant, adult, geriatric, and wheelchair bound patients.
- Must demonstrate competency for age related responsibilities.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of equipment pertinent to the job.
- Follows up with all outstanding orders on manifest log, and communicates all timed, completed or uncompleted draws/charges/results to the client office staff and performs other duties as assigned.
- Requests/obtains written physician orders with all required information necessary for lab services requested and accurately orders laboratory tests in computer system(s).
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance while providing a service to client offices.
- Prioritizes tasks and can multi-task.
- Performs and collects phlebotomy specimens within cost and maintains efforts of a less than 2 percent recollection or cancellation rate.
- Follows TJC National Patient Safety goals regarding two patient identifiers and handwashing.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person or recourse to do so.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes and improve and grow services we provide.
- Communicates and notifies Laboratory and/or Physician of problems with specimen procurement to ensure optimal care.
- Provides follow up on test results to appropriate individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Continuously updated on information by reading emails and demonstrates compliance in MediaLab.
- Maintains a safe work environment, holds self-accountable for safe work practices, performs all aspects of daily work in a manner that contributes and ensures an environment of patient safety.
- Adheres to all recommendations and requirements of the Lab and Hospital Safety Committee.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Responsible for monitoring and approving Kronos.
- Completing staff performance reviews, overseeing training, monitoring performance, and other leadership duties as assigned.
- Oversight of creating maintaining the development of client office relationships.
- While partnering with the Phlebotomy Scheduler responsible for monitoring and approving time off request, FMLA coverage.
- Performs clerical work; faxing, printing, filing, reviewing, and verbally releasing laboratory results.
- Initiates the meeting of responsibilities without prompting and can complete tasks independently without immediate supervision.
- Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Interacts with all team members in a professional manner and aids/assists coworkers to complete assigned tasks.
- Associate's Degree or 5+ years of applicable healthcare experience.
- Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP) from a TJC accredited school or equivalent experience.
- ASCP certified or obtain certification within six months upon hire date.
- Two or more years of leadership experience or in customer service.
- Three or more years of experience performing phlebotomy on a broad range of patient types and experience processing specimens.
- Familiar with medical EMR systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Patient Care Tech - Behavioral Health, Woodstock, Illinois
- Phlebotomist-FLOAT - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (CW) Chicago, Illinois
- Order Managment Specialist - Order Management Unit, Full-time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs