Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 3864 Job Function Certified RN Anesthetist Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and life cycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Incredible careers for CRNAs – We welcome experienced clinicians and new grads!
Northwestern Medicine is seeking the region’s finest CRNAs to fill exciting positions within the dynamic anesthesiology department of prestigious Northwestern Memorial Hospital, which is ranked number one in Illinois and the Chicago metro area, and the number 10 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Providing, supporting, and advancing care through leading-edge treatments and breakthrough discoveries, our state-of-the-art facility is conveniently located steps away from Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
Collaborating with some of the nation’s best anesthesiologists, these individuals will have the opportunity to handle general, breast, craniotomy, C-section, ENT, gynecologic oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, orthopedic spine, plastics, surgical robotic, surgical oncology, thoracic, transplant, urology, and vascular cases. In addition, CRNA’s are responsible for:
- Selecting appropriate equipment and completing room set up in anticipation of patient's needs; completing room set up in an efficient, thorough and cost effective manner
- Ensuring preoperative documentation is complete, collaborating plan of care with attending anesthesiologist and surgical team
- Managing all aspects of anesthesia care based on the patient's physiological response to anesthesia and surgery, consulting attending anesthesiologists or other interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Performing complete, accurate and legible preoperative, intra-operative and postoperative documentation
- May perform other duties as assigned
Enjoy These Exclusive Career Advantages:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked #1 in Illinois and the Chicago metro area
- Convenient location in the heart of Chicago’s Loop, near famed Michigan Avenue
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of clinical cases
- In-house Friday Anesthesia Grand Rounds, with CME credits
- Competitive hourly pay with shift differentials and benefits
- Competitive vacation program
- Loan forgiveness available
- Tuition assistance available
- Retirement plan 401 (k)
- License reimbursement
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Professional fund
- Minimum of masters degree in nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited nurse anesthesia education program
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse (IL) license
- Registered Professional Nurse (IL) license
- National Board for Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) certification
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Memberships to national professional organization, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and state professional organization of primary practice; e.g., Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists (IANA)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs