Catering Associate - Hospitality, Part-time, EveningsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 14866 Job Function Food Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
- Shift: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM with rotating weekends
- Location: Feinberg/Galter, FL BS
The Catering Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supports the Department of Food & Nutrition by providing patient meal service to include: patient menu selection, tray assembly and delivery and retrieval of patient trays.
- Responsible for timeliness, accuracy and the safe food handling of trays and items to designated patient care areas.
- Supports service excellence standard to include but not limited to patient satisfaction rounds, service recovery and excellent communication with management team to ensure patient satisfaction.
- The Catering Associate is expected to adhere to and practice guidelines in regards to Best Patient Experience Philosophy.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions such as policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of work and follows procedures consisting of several steps or that require judgment in completing a sequence of tasks.
- Must be able to read and comprehend patient menus.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Adheres to diet and allergy restrictions for patient food orders.
- Must be knowledgeable of diet restrictions and comfortably answer questions.
- Offers alternatives to menu allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with allergies, sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences when patient inquires or needs additional selections (following provided guidelines).
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on ticket in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follows tray presentation and condiment standards.
- Serves and retrieves patient trays from patient rooms in a courteous and professional manner.
- Accurately delivers trays to patients and visitors according to established procedures.
- Conducts Catering Rounds as instructed to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Must display a "Can-Do" - Service Excellence mindset.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Retrieves trays within one hour of service.
- Observes HIPAA and Patient Identification guidelines.
- Must be able to work safely; moving carts, observing Security procedures, proper utilization of elevator.
- Cleans and sanitizes coffee carts daily.
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently during meal service to maintain accurate and expeditious service.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, nursing staff, patients and visitors.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures
- Follows established food-handling practices to maintain food safety standards and comply with infection control procedures.
- Delivers floor stock daily according to pars.
- Completes daily documentation of floor stock, tray and other floor deliveries accurately for accounting and quality purposes.
- Rotates floor stock according to food safety procedures.
- Documents refrigeration temperatures daily in patient pantries that contain floor stock.
- Maintains galleys in safe, clean and organized manner.
- Operates equipment properly, safely and efficiently according to established procedures.
- Reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to management.
- Completes all assigned cleaning by end of each work shift to include but not limited to detailed cleaning.
- Cleans assigned areas and equipment according to standards and utilization of proper cleaning chemicals. Maintains work station area in clean and orderly manner.
- Completes routine projects or detail cleaning duties as assigned.
- Attends department in-services and meetings.
- Completes Hospital required training and surveys.
- May assist in Dishroom, Servers as needed.
- Follow established break schedule unless otherwise directed by manager.
- Maintains supplies and equipment to ensure efficiency, including portioning, dating, and storage of food.
- Maintains established levels of supplies for work area.
- Notifies management of workload status and availability for additional assignments or need of additional assistance.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees in the department by demonstrating basic duties of job.
- Responds to management requests in a positive and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows Best Patient Experience Philosophy with emphasis on patient satisfaction, accuracy, service excellence, safe food handling habits, service recovery skills and professional appearance and communication.
- Meets established timeliness and throughput benchmarks for delivery of food while maintaining quality, service mindset, follow up and presentation standards.
- This position is responsible for the delivery and retrieval of trays by following established procedures to meet approved budget goals.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent personal appearance following approved dress code policy including ID badge properly displayed.
- Ability to operate minor food preparation equipment, including proper cleaning procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend meal order tickets in an expeditious manner.
- Clear understanding of abbreviations, acronyms and diet terminology as it relates to the room service model.
- Ability to give and receive verbal communication constantly.
- Able to record pertinent data as it relates to job responsibility.
- Demonstrates a cooperative work relationship with fellow employees.
- Demonstrates a customer service mindset and attitude.
- Maintains equipment and area in neat, clean, organized manner.
- High School Graduate or GED and two years service experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintains positive and friendly manner during peak service times with focus on timeliness, accuracy and Service Excellence.
- Complete Catering to You Training modules and pass competency test.
- Food Handling Certification Health Department - City of Chicago.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs