Cardiology Technician I - Noninvasive Cardiac Testing, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 91002 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Cardiology Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs and process quality electrocardiogram (ECG), signal average electrocardiogram, and Holter monitor, in a timely fashion to inpatient and outpatients to provide information about the electrical activity of the heart.
- Performs quality and accurate electrocardiograms in a timely fashion as requests are received.
- Processes, performs quality check, and provides preliminary interpretation on electrocardiograms transmitted into MUSE system.
- Perform Holter monitor application and processing.
- Scan and provide initial interpretation of inpatient neonate Holter monitors.
- Educates patients regarding all procedures.
- Ensure appropriate billing practices.
- Trains bedside and clinic staff responsible for performing 12-lead electrocardiograms.
- Provide basic technical support and act as a resource for all departments performing ECGs.
- Maintain equipment by cleaning, stocking, providing minor repairs, and arranging for more extensive equipment repair through Resource Coordinator or Manager.
- Skillfully communicate with physicians, patients, and other hospital personnel in a pleasant and professional manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of courses in medical terminology, electrocardiogram rhythm interpretation, anatomy, physiology or other related courses.
- 1-3 years of job-related experience
- Cardiovascular Technician Certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More