Cardiac Sonographer - Noninvasive Cardiac Testing, Full-Time, Days **5K sign on bonus**Location Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 24676 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Cardiac Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Cardiac Sonographer functions as an echocardiography technologist under the administrative direction of the Resource Coordinator of Cardiac Graphics. The sonographer is responsible for learning all the commonly performed echocardiography procedures in the department and developing consistent proficiency in performing these procedures. These procedures include M-mode, two-dimensional, planar Doppler blood flow studies, Exercise and Dobutamine Stress tests, 3D echocardiograpy, as well as the techniques required to calculate measurements of chamber size and value area.
Learns and applies echocardiograph techniques in order to competently perform all commonly applied procedures according to set protocols established by cardiologists. Develops proficiency in performing these procedures.
- Ensures procedures are performed within designated time frames in order to maintain the daily schedule without unnecessary patient waiting time, cancellations and/or reschedules.
- Coordinates communications between referring physicians, departmental physicians and staff, nursing units and/or hospital staff to facilitate smooth patient and staff flow, inpatient transportation, scheduling, supply replenishment, equipment repair and problem-solving.
- Becomes knowledgeable in laboratory protocol, measuring heart chamber size and wall thickness, scanning techniques, preliminary interpretation of M-mode, two-dimensional, planar Doppler flow studies, 3D echo, as well as Stress Echoes.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to learning color flow mapping and newer procedures and masters these procedures within acceptable time frames.
- Fulfills reading requirements associated with procedures to ensure better understanding of purpose of procedures and how to conduct preliminary interpretations of procedure results.
- Attends quality management meetings regularly.
- Participates in quality management selection of interesting cases.
- Reads cases with physicians and performs peer reviews on a weekly basis.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer or Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Minimum of two years performing Echocardiography exams
- CPR – Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences
- Minimum of five years performing Echocardiography Exams
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Nights, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Medical/Surgical Unit, Part-time, Days, $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Nights, $3,000 Sign-on Bonus, Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs