Benefits Analyst I - Retirement & Physician Benefits, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 6596 Job Function Human Resources/Academy/Payroll Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Benefits Analyst I reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Benefits Analyst I is a subject matter expert on organizational benefits providing analysis, support, education, and training for employees and key stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise on benefit products.
- Provide analytical support and/or analysis of employee benefit plans as needed
- Monitor benefits queue within the HR case management tool and identify trends. Handle benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution
- Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees
- Identify compliance issues/concerns, review plan amendments.
- Research plan issues and prepare to resolve in accordance with regulations.
- Remain proficient on legislative and IRS changes relative to plan regulations, procedure changes and mandated disclosures.
- Serve as support on content for ServiceNow and other intranet related content
- Advise and educate employees on plan offerings and communication/support services available.
- Conduct training sessions including but not limited to New Employee or Physician Orientations, Open Enrollment Info Sessions, Department Meetings, integration educational sessions, and Lunch & Learns.
- Develop recommendations to establish new plans and/or make needed changes and/or process improvements to the current plan options.
- Evaluates existing company benefits, answers surveys, and provides other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to HR Business Partners and collaborative support as needed to Payroll, HRMS, IT & MyHR on benefit related issues/concerns.
- Assist with system & plan testing for benefit changes
- Assist with Workforce Health & Wellbeing activities and initiatives.
- Complete tasks related to the transition of benefit plans for acquired or merged companies
- Provide vendor management support
- Carry out special projects and benefit related responsibilities as assigned.
Addendum 2 – Retirement & Physician Benefits
- Manage day-to-day administration of the organizations qualified and nonqualified retirement plans.
- Serve as primary contact and liaison between Department/Division Administrators, Practice Managers, Northwestern University (NU), Northwestern Medical Group (NMG) and Regional Medical Group (RMG) for physician (faculty and non-faculty) benefits across the health system to resolve benefit related issues.
- Responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and funding of the bi-weekly payroll process.
- Provide special guidance to faculty and non-faculty physicians on maximizing their retirement contributions.
- Works with management, vendors, finance, payroll, HRMS, and legal to ensure administration of plans are carried out in accordance with DOL and ERISA regulations.
- Works closely with NU, NMHC, and Northwestern Medical Group Payroll to process adjustments to maintain continuity and prevent disruption.
- Works extensively with NU FASIS Department to ensure benefit programs are accurately set up in the system and audits NMHC benefit deduction amounts are correctly transmitted.
- Acts as Physician Benefit and Retirement support contact including but not limited to interaction with Physician Comp., Physician Disability and Leave Coordinator, Health and Welfare Benefits and other areas as needed.
- Performs detailed analysis and conducts weekly, monthly, and annual audits of plan data.
- Researches, validates and provides corrective actions related to compliance of plans and data integrity.
- Ability to read, analyze and apply plan provisions in accordance with the plan documents.
- Assist in annual compliance filings including Form 5500, non-discrimination testing, and annual audits for ERISA plans with external audit.
- Coordinate with TPA on scheduling ongoing retirement educational sessions and workshops.
- Assist in compliance projects including the initiation of service requests, calculations and research.
- Partner with the Manager of Retirement Benefits & Physician Support on all communication needs and Financial Well-being strategies and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in HR/benefits management and project management
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables and VLOOKUPs.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs